Help with finding a Sattelite COAX output to Video, Audio converter

Username: Msvara

Post Number: 1
Hi Guys, I'm a newb here and have a question for you. I have a friend that recently had a sattelite system installed at home. It's the Bell ExpressVU system with the dual TV Tuners that allow you to watch two different programs on 2 different TV's. The method that they do it is the second TV is fed via COAX off the sattelite reciever. His second TV has a 5.1 Sound system that will not work now. Is there a box that will convert the COAX sattelite signal into a video/audio/SPDIF split signal?

Bronze Member
Username: Tommyv

Rowlett, Texas

Post Number: 31
if you have a VCR laying around, you could go coax into that and RCA out to the reciever and use the Pro Logic decoding to make it 5.1. As far as making it SPDIF, i am not aware of a converter like that.

Username: Msvara

Post Number: 9
We'll stick with the TV audio outputs and just route them into an amp. I don't like this setup. Personally I would have gone with 2 sattelite dishes each with dual heads and then one dual tuner set top box for upstairs and one for downstairs.

The other thing he's ranting about is he can't record something upstairs and watch something else at the same time. It makes sense since there's only 2 tuners.

I'm sticking with Cable HDPVR's! :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us