Yet another "which receiver?" thread

Username: A_brown256

Portland, OR

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I'm looking for a receiver in the around $500 range to match the Paradigm Cinema 70 set. I'd like to stay away from Pioneer and Sony products due to numerous bad experiences with them (specifically their recievers). Maybe something like the Marantz SR4001 or Denon AVR-786. Any tips, suggestions, opinions, or relevant anecdotes will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Username: Drgroovee

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 9
Hi A_brown:

I know that you would like to stay away from Pioneer and Sony (and I agree.. steer clear of Sony) but the Pioneer VSX-1016 is by far the best sounding a fullest featured receiver you can get for less than $500.00.
I respect that you have had issues with them in the past and I don't know in what time frame but as of last year, when the VSX-1015 came out- reviewers everywhere jumped on this model to sing its praises over and over again.
I have hundreds of customers using the 1015 and it's smaller cousin the 815 and none of them have reported any problems. None. To proactively answer a very reasonable question: Yes.. these customers do call me with all of their tech support needs because they know it is faster than calling Pioneer.
Anyway, the point I am making is that I would suggest a reconsideration of those specific Pioneer models. I'm not married to the Pioneer brand (we don't sell electronics, just reccomend them) In fact, prior to last year if it wasn't in their Elite line, I discouraged it. Times have changed, though! Give them a shot.

Cheers.

Caleb Denison
Home Theater Guru
Aperionaudio.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us