Multichannel analogue outputs

Bronze Member
Username: Tommyv

Rowlett, Texas

Post Number: 28
i have a question about setting this up properly as i have always used digital outputs. I have a denon dvd player and a roltel reciever. the denon has the ability to set speaker distances and levels and all of that but i have already made those adjustments on my reciever. is it necessary to set that on the dvd player when using the analouge outs? is it somthing that is adjusted for during the decoding process?

on a side note can anyone recommend a quality (sounding) interconnect cable at a reasonable price? thanks alot.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11061
Tommy,
It is not necessary to re-adjust the levels on the DVD player as the receiver will take care of that part. Just make sure that the levels on the DVD player are equal.

As far as interconnects, check out the ones from Acoustic Research.

Some reading on cables

http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/audioprinciples/cables.htm

Bronze Member
Username: Tommyv

Rowlett, Texas

Post Number: 29
Berny,

while reading the article The Truth About Interconnects and Cables by Rod Elliott i had to laugh because it reminded me of a humorous experience i had at circuit city. i was looking at some tv's and i asked the sales person if they thought the top monster cable component video cables were any better than the other more resonably priced brands available. he directed me over to a monster cable display which had two LCD tv's hooked up with DVD players. one was suppose to be monster cable and the other non-monster cable. the picture on the monster cable was clearly better. i decided to look behind and see how they had hooked them up and on the non monster cable tv it was hooked up using some very cheap looking single composite video cable. i said to the guy that this doesn't show how monster cable is better it only shows how component video is better than composite. he just looked at me with a clueless look and walked off.

Username: Drgroovee

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 6
Hey Tommy,
Berny is spot-on about the level issue (your previous level calibration is not defeated in multi-channel mode)However, digital bass management IS defeated and should be taken care of in the DVD player. When using your multichannel inputs, you defeat digital bass management so if you are using smaller speakers less capable of bass below 80hz or so, be sure to make the changes in the DVD player (small speakers/80 or 100hz crossover point).

Cheers!

Caleb Denison
Home Theater Guru
Aperionaudio.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us