Pioneer amp cracking and scratching noises!!

Username: Freddy400

Post Number: 1
Hello
I have a very nice Pioneer VSX-859RDS amp which i have owned now for 6 months. I purchased it from ebay for a good price and up until now its been absolutely fine. Yesterday during a viewing session the amp started to make some horrible scratching and cracking noise for a few seconds then it stopped. At first I thought little of it then it suddenly got really loud and then it cut out. I jumped out of my sofa and tuned the amp off. i turned it on again and it was fine for a minute then it started again. Now it happens quite a bit. You may be able to watch 5 minutes of a film then it would start up again. Ive tried different cables and different sources but the same thing happens. Even if there are no sources plugged in it would do the same thing so it has to be amp. Any ideas would be very appreciated.
I don't think this would help but when i bought the amp they told me the radio was faulty (as in the radio doesn't pick up anything), I wouldn't have thought it would be anything to do with that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us