Best DTS DVDs

Brent
Can anyone recommend someplace where I can find a listing of some of the best DVDs for hearing DTS on my home theater system? I have googled it, but to no avail... Often Saving Private Ryan is mentioned, but any others that anyone would recommend?

Thanks-

Anonymous
Try the DTS website http://www.dtsonline.com/ There quite a few moive out with DTS. Saving Private Ryan, Gladiator, Blade II, Fast and Furious, ect.

Anonymous
Try Bourne Identity, Swordfish

Anonymous
Blade II Scence 2 (the bike scene) is a perfect scene to test out your receiver's DTS capability.

Bill Brown
Attention DTS fans" Starting this month (May-03) many studios will be releasing dvds with both the DD and DTS versions, plus all the film school crap, on the same disc. How are they doing it? They have found a way to reduce the the DTS bit rate so they can please fans of both compression methods. Doesn't this kinda destroy the advantage DTS has over DD then? You bet it does yet it keeps the studios from having to produce two audio versions of the same film-saves 'em money don'tchasee? They figure no one will know the difference. Wrong! I am very disappointed in this decision and I hope others will make their feelngs known. Bill in Dallas

Anonymous
Is there a website where the dts biterate for pass/current and future releases are listed for cusumers see?

Todd Patterson
Perfect Storm and Reign of Fire are also excellent.

DTSlover
Unregistered guest
"s there a website where the dts biterate for pass/current and future releases are listed for cusumers see?"

this one
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bwescombe/dts_dvd.htm
slighly old but correct

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1206
Bill Brown,
Where did you get this information?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1207
oh rats...I just checked how old this thread is, Bill Brown is wrong I guess!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us