Home theater set up

Username: Mtolani

Atlanta, Ga Usa

Post Number: 1
We bought a house in which the lat owner left behind a set of bose home theater spekers but took the
subwoofer and mid speaker.
I currently have just a reg dvd player a widscren tv.when i spoke to a store they said the bose speakers cannot be hooked up with any other subwoofer since it is wired for them only.
I don't want to spend extra on the speakers. what is my best and cheapest option to set up a decent home theater.what would i need
thanks
mike

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 258
You can use the Bose as rear speakers and you can hook them up directly to the receiver you don't need to go through a sub. You now need front left and right speakers, a center channel speaker and a 8 or 10 inch sub. I llike Paradigm http://www.paradigm.com/Website/SiteParadigmProduct/ParadigmModels/SystemChoice/ systems.html. For a reciever an inexpensive receiver from Onkyo, Pioneer or Denon. http://www.usa.denon.com/ProductDetails/243.asp

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 429
well first of all if i were u i would sell the bose speakers on ebay cuz alot of people have no idea what good SQ is then i would post a budget and we can go further off that

Username: Bobby_steelz

Chatham, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2
I agree with Joseph...Bose is over priced garbage. My Dad came home last year boasting about his new Bose surround sound system he just got suckered into buying..I didn't have the heart to tell him it's junk but he wouldn't know the difference anyways. POLK AUDIO!! Expensive but I haven't changed ever since '98! Trust, you won't be dissapointed by even the cheapest set of speakers.

As for your Bose, take them apart and replace your smoke detector and door bell chime with them.

Gold Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 1261
Mike you must be about the 5th person in the past year that has moved into a house where the previous owners have let a bose system. I'm not joking.

Gold Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 1262
Meaning 5th person who posted their situation on this forum that is.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us