NHT, APERION, and KLIPSCH HELP!!

Username: Hampsure

Post Number: 1
I am moving into a new house, which will be finished in October. I just sound all my old speakers and want to get new ones. I had some older Klipsch speakers, which sounded great, but I want some new ones. I have been looking at the following:
NHT - Classic Four tower speakers with the classic three center and bookshelves for the surrounds.
Aperion Audio 6 Series
Klispch RF-5 Series.
Can anyone help me on this one???!!!

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 10271
What receiver will you be using with these speakers?

Post Number: 3
I will pushing these speakers with a pioneer elite vsx-72txv...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10273
If you are fond of the Klipsch I'd say stick with the RF-5, but if you are ready for something different, I think NHTs are a great alternative.

Post Number: 4
What do you think of the classic four tower speakers, classic three center and classic three bookshelves for surround compared to four classic threes, classic center, and a 12" sub?

Do you think the pioneer elite is plenty to push the first mentioned system with the subs in the towers? I am thinking it is, but I want the system to sound like it should.

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 900
Chris:

I have not heard the new Classic Fours, so keep that in mind. However, their predecessor, the ST-4, was one of the finest tower speaker I know of for under $1K. I didn't have the room for them, but if I had, I would have been sorely tempted. I have also heard the new Classic Threes, and they are a big improvement over their predecessor, the SB-3s (which was a Stereophile reference speaker in its own right), so it appears that NHT's new speakers are even better than their previous line, which was exceptional.

Pioneer Elite is a very fine brand and makes for a very good sound with the right speaker. Pioneer Elite is very warm and laid back. Klipsch, often due to their horn tweeters, tend to be a bit bright. But with the PE's warm laid back sound, the Klipsches are able to show their best stuff. They make for a very good combo. (Conversely, I think Klipsch is a terrible speaker for Yamaha receivers as Yammies tend to be bright sounding as well)

I have less experience with the NHT with PE. NHT is far more neutral than Klipsch is, IMO--their sound is warm, and rather forward, but never bright. So, this would still be a very good combo. You should compare a pair of the NHTs using your receiver directly against the Klipsch to see which you prefer. After all, it will be your system. However, the Aperions are not a contender with these other brands--they have far less detail. I wouldn't bother with them.

Post Number: 5
Thanks for the info! I am going to hear some NHT's today. I am leaning toward them so I will see. Thanks again.

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 915
Chris:

Let me know--I am very interested in your thoughts about the NHTs.

Username: Bigbossman

Gaithersburg, Maryland

Post Number: 1
I'm so happy I found this thread. I am in the exact same predicament. I was going to buy a set of Klipsch speakers for my new house that should be finished being built in October. I am finally getting my home theater. I thought I had done enough research but I guess not. Well I finally found a place that had the exact set up of Klipsch speakers that I wanted and powered by the Denon amp I wanted. Sad to say I was disappointed. So I had a friend that had been pushing NHTs on me saying they were the best. Still haven't heard them but hope to soon.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11109
NHTs are really good, I wouldn't say that they are the best, though. No such thing with speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us