HDMI and Home Theater

Username: Bpm382

Post Number: 4
I have Comcast cable and use an HDMI connection to get HDTV. Is there a specific home theater system, or specs I should look for, that maximizes the audio coming from an HDMI connection?

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 10248
It all depends on your budget, your space and your needs. Maximizing audio is very broad as most decent home theater set-ups can achieve this goal.

Start with a budget, do plenty of research and listen to different systems that are within your budget as is possible and work from there.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 10249
Looking at your previous post, you seem to have a budget for the Bose Lifestyle 48. You can do better for $3000.

This recommendation is based solely on my experience and you may or may not like it, but I am doing this without regard for anything but your budget.

Take a look at the Harman Kardon AVR-445, for around $1000. It has HDMI inputs that you require.

You can combine this with speakers from Ascend Acoustics, some of the better speakers I have heard.

http://www.ascendacoustics.com/

Check out the package that includes the CMT 340-SE for your front and center speakers. 1 pair of CBM-170 for the rear surrounds, if you want to go the 7.1 route, get 2 pairs. Then the HSU STF-2 subwoofer to round out the package. This package will run about $1700 plus shipping. It will be cheaper if you go with 5.1, personally I find no difference in a 7.1 vs. 5.1. With the leftover money you can get decent DVD player with HDMI outputs.

A much better option than the Lifestyle.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us