How big to go?

Username: Modfox

Post Number: 1
Ok I am new here. I am looking to make a movie room. Not sure if I should get a tv or a projector. I would like Projector. Are they really worth it or should I get a nice tv? Also the room is 20'x 20' How big of a tv/projection image should I go? I do not want it to be big and blurry. But I want as big as I can. Any ideas?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 9575
Budget?
tv/Projector?

Receiver?

Speakers?

Post Number: 2
I will not have as much as other people on here. I am trying to get some ideas of what to do. My budget will be around the 3k mark. I will need speakers and all. I want something sounding and the picture really nice.

Bronze Member
Username: Eib_nation

Ohio EIBville

Post Number: 88
It depends on where your priorities lay. It wont take very much to spend $3k on just a PJ or TV, let alone an entire system.

Gold Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 1201
Tim I think you can do what your want if you use a decent projector for around a $1000 and then a sound system around $2k. That is if you have control over the lighting in that room.

The operating word that I saw in your initial post is that you want a movie room and not just an HT. To do a decent job and a big screen the projectors will do a much better job for the price.

Post Number: 3
I can spend more, I didnt know it was that expensive. lol
There is only 1 window in the romm wich I may eliminate.
It will be for movies, football games, and Playstation.
Will a projector be good for all of this? Or should I just buy a nice tv?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1203
Again it all depends. A $1000 projector can create a pretty good picture that is 6ft x 4ft. So sitting back about 10-15 feet it can look really good. You can't even come close in a TV to those large dimensions.

Post Number: 4
How well is the quality of the picture? I dont want a fuzzy picture. Or does it depend on the type of projector I buy?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1204
Yes
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us