Sony vpl hs10 HELP with perspective!

Username: Mattlanta88

Post Number: 1
UGH.. I have a sony vpl hs10 projector and a pioneer dvl 909 dvd player. My screen is 16:9 aspect ratio and I cant get a full screen image unless I set my projector to "wide" mode. Any Ideas on how to maximize this nonsense or am I dreaming?

Thanks in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 9336
If your source material is made in widescreen you cannot make it fullscreen, unless you want a distorted figure.

Why do you want it fullscreen anyway? Do you feel like you are wasting screen space with the black bars? You'd be surprised at how many people actually feel that way about widescreen.

Post Number: 2
Yes the figure is slightly distorted but, I bought the screen to fit that aspect ratio, so it should fit rather closely when playback is 16:9 yet, it does not.

The black bars dont bother me, what bothers me is the black bars should be almost non existant yet they are rather formidable. sigh......

Any ideas?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 9381
Matt,
I think you may have the wrong idea about 16:9. Not all films/movies on DVD are at the 16:9 ratio.
Some are made in 1.66:1, 2.35:1, and with these different formats, the black bars are inevitable.

Go here and do some reading to ease your angst

http://www.rexer.com/cine/oar.htm

Post Number: 3
You are clearly the man. I think you may have nailed it. Ill have to check my dvds a little closer and see what the hubbub is.

Thanks a trillion.

Matt
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us