Speakers for HTR-5890

Username: Vadar

Canada

Post Number: 1
Was looking at buying this pair,
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10074516&langid= EN&CMP=ILC-FS_Flyer_Tracking

This will be my first pair I was looking at buying some klipsch but the store never has any in stock so are these underboard/overboard for a first time system with this amp. Im using it for movies and tv/gaming mostly maybe a bit for music...as for price im defintetly not looking to spend more than 1k on a first pair. Any other recomendations would be great thanks for looking

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 9136
Those Athenas are really nice. I have tried them before and I think they are great speakers. Well detailed and crisp.

Who made this HTR-5890?

Gold Member

Post Number: 9137
If that is the Yamaha model, I wouldn't really pair it with Klipsch, but that is a personal preference.

Username: Acrimi1963

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1
help needed to connect acoustimass 16 to a yamaha 5890 receiver.
i did the connection and run a test everthing works on the test, when i play a dvd i have no sound from the center speaker back.
Please someone i need help

Username: Vadar

Canada

Post Number: 2
Ended up buying the Athena Point 5 MKIIFS Speaker System. It does sound nice but im having trouble with the sub its not working up to par for what i imaggined it would do. If I leave it on all the time it doesnt stop and on auto it barely turns on...not even on explosions in movies or anything loud.

Armando I dont really know what could be the problem except it only works in certain parts of the movie, maybe a wrong connection, did you try it with other things like cds or other movies could also play with the reciever...Hmm just some things that come to mind Ive only had the reciever for under 20 days myself so I have yet to fully understand its capabilities or things that could go wrong.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9623
Check the speaker set-up of you receiver and make sure that the subwoofer/LFE output is turned on. If the sub is having trouble detecting the signals from the receiver during auto operation check the sub cable's integrity.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us