Help anybody!

Username: Rizocg

Post Number: 2
guys,

i just upgraded from my kenwood surround sound receiver to an Onkyo Tx-DS797 THX receiver.
1st question; when i check my speaker set up with the receiver (checking for left, right, center, sub and sorround) everything sounds okay (wired right). but when i listen to for example to dysney movie NEMO that has also the speaker thx setup. it doen't sound right. when i do the speaker set up check. for example surround sound speakers sounds on left and right speakers and sub sounds on center i think?
why? is it something with my set dvd set up (audio output)? also i have a cheap DVD player hook up to the receiver by RCA left and right cables. could this be the problem?
also it doesn't sound as crispy as i heard it at the store. could it be my speakers? i'm still using my stock speakers that came with my kenwood surround sound, they are actually technics speakers 2 big fronts, small center, 2 small rear and a 10" jbl sub.

can anybody recomend some good and in-expensive speakers?

thanks
CR

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1033
also i have a cheap DVD player hook up to the receiver by RCA left and right cables. could this be the problem?

Yes. You need to hook up the DVD player's digital audio output into the 797. The receiver will decode the digital surround signal. Then the NEMO setup will sound very close to the Onkyo's setup test.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us