Improve sound quality

Username: Mbadondon

Post Number: 1
How to set up CD player and Integrated Amp with AV Receiver? I have the AV receiver Marantz SR8500 connected to Marantz DV6500 DVD player and B&W speaker 5.1. I do not want to use DVD player as CD player. I feel that the sound not so quality. How to solve this problem?

Bronze Member
Username: Mvanmeter

KY USA

Post Number: 61
Your question is somewhat confusing, but I will take a shot at an answer.

Your SR5800 has 4 optical digital audio inputs and 3 coaxial digital audio inputs (they carry the same information, just different style cable). Your CD player should have either or both a optical and/or coaxial digital audio output - that is what you hook up to your receiver with the proper cable. For audio only, that is the only connection necessary between a high quality CD player and the AV receiver.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8597
Keep it simple Don...connect the CD player to your Marantz...you should know how this is done, there really are no other ways to connect this to the receiver.

Forget the integrated amp, get it out of the equation.

Username: Mbadondon

Post Number: 2
Thanks for your comment guys.

Yes I did connect the CD player (by Coaxial Cable)directly to Marantz Receiver, but somehow I found that the sound quality was not good.

Is there any setting that I might not aware....

Gold Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 1158
Don you are not limited to the CD player input. You can connect via the available optical input and assign it to the CD player through the setup menu. If the coaxial or optical doesn't sound good, try the 5.1 SACD.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us