Home Theater Consultation Chicago

Username: Jrr_iii

Post Number: 1
I am hoping to have a personal home theater consultation in my home in Chicago. Does anyone have any recommendations or companies that would be good? Thanks for the help

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1010
Check out the Custom Electronic Design & Installation Association (CEDIA) site.

http://www.cedia.net/

Gold Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 1136
There are lots in Chicago. Check out Audio Consultant on Randolph west of Halstead. Their Evanston branch though probably has the most knowledgeable guys.

What are you looking to buy? What is your budget?

Username: Jrr_iii

Post Number: 2
I just bought a new place and am basically starting from scratch. I need tv, components, speakers, etc. I am operating on a very limited knowledge base and I have a loft with a lot of exposed brick so I probably need custom advice as the acoustics will probably be not the norm. I will the site and the company listed above. Thanks for the help. Budget will probably be in the 8-10k range

Gold Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 1141
With 8-10k you have a lot of options. You are right that with a lot of exposed bricks in a loft area you are looking at exposed wiring or at least wire tubes on your walls. Otherwise you can't get the wires to your back speakers. Just be aware that the Audio Consultant guys are very good, but their equipment is also very pricey. Don't be affraid to get good deals from them in pieces and not the whole package. They will still install it for you. If you go to the Evanston store look for Scott. He is pretty knowledgable.

Another place to visit also is the Saturday Audio Exchange. They are on Belmont west of sheffield. A smaller selection of stuff, but good guys to deal with.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us