Bose lifestyle 48 + JVC HDP61R1U TV =?????

Username: Dbslowpoke

Queens, NY

Post Number: 1
Hey guys,

My first Post!

Basically I have both the JVC professional HDP61R1U TV along with the soon to come Bose Lifestyle 48 system.

What is the best way for me to mate the two? ANyoen familiar with these two products?

Thanks a bunch?

Damon

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8314
I am familiar with the Lifestyle 48 and unless space is more important than sound, you could do better for the money. If you really like the sound that this unit can provide, then it doesn;t matter. The Lifestyle 48 is pretty straight forward when it comes to connecting peripherals, just follow the manual and you should be okay.

I just hope this topic is not flame bait :-)

Queens, NY

Post Number: 2
Not flame bait. Its more of a space issue as I know I can get a better sound out of a larger speaker. I guess what I was curious about is using the toslink as oppossed to componants. For now I;m having all sorts of issues getting everything setup. When I attempt to use HDMI from my cable box to my TV no sound...From my DVD recorder to TV..No sound.......I must have something turned off. SO I'm using the HDMI plus an extra digital audio out for sound.

I'm sure I will eventually get it all working together! I just figured before I install maybe I would ask someone who had experience with these products..Plus I was wondering about using the Toslink..But I cant seem to get that working either! (and I know there is a whole debate about that) Well see..Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Praetorian

Canada

Post Number: 299
What version of HDMI are you using and what does the system support?

This sounds familiar.

Most cable boxes DON'T support HDMI despite having the connection. One reason for this is that one maker of the box sells to many different providers; and instead of making 100 different boxes, they have one scalable model.

The other thing that pops into mind is that you need the audio signal to travel to your receiver for it to work. If your using only HDMI to your TV, you are bypassing the HTiB set up, and going audio-in directly to your TVs speakers.

What you have probably just run up against is the farce that is HDMI. Marketed as the holy grail of cleaning up the back of your AV eqpt, all it really does is provide a measure of copy protection for the media companies (not saying that is a bad thing, just saying it is the thing).

As to getting your TOSLINK to work, that is a different matter altogether. There could be several issues there. Have you selected the right input source? Are you on analog only? Are you using bitrate or PCM? Are you plugged in (not as stupid a question as it may seem)?

Queens, NY

Post Number: 3
Hey Michael,

Thanks for the Info. I am really not that savy when it comes to this. HDMI is new to me. Perhaps I should just stick with Componants. I am thinking perhaps because I have the HDMI hooked up that it may turn off my optical output on my TV. The owners manual isnt helping me much. Its just strange that not only does HDMI not work from my cable box properly but not from my DVD R player either. I tried several different hookups optical wise as well as different settings on my TV. I dont even see teh red light on at the toslink hookup. This is my first leap into a TV such as this and I have had little time to play with it. So this may take me awhile. I may just try going back to componants and see how I do..Everything was working great till I decieded to use the HDMI ports! I just figured..Audio..Video..One cable..GREAT!..Maybe not!

Thanks for teh input..I will play with it some more tomorrow

Username: Arvin

Post Number: 1
NEED SOME HELP TO SETUP BOSE SYSTEM, I HOOKEDUP ALL WIRES BUT JUST ONE FRONT LEFT SPEAKER IS WORKING PROPERLY, IF I CONNECT FRONT RT DPEAKES THEN IT STARTS MAKING SOME EXTRA SOUND & REAR SUR SD SPEAKERS ARE NOT WORKING AT ALL.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8833
Way to hijack a thread noobie!

And typing in allcaps...

Start a new thread.

Silver Member
Username: Praetorian

Canada

Post Number: 300
Damon, save your cash. I somehow knew you were going to say you were using your TVs optical out put...

HDMI transmits video data just fine, it also transmits audio just fine, the problem is in the eqpts firmware.

Also, one thing I know, is that your audio out from your TV is not meant to work that way. So where does that leave you?

-Keep your HDMI running from your TV, I thought I explained already that you cannot use HDMI on your DVD Recorder, without some kind of hack.

-Use your TOSLINK from your cable box to the Bose as well, then make sure when you have the TV running the correct input is selected.

If you have to record DVDs you probably have to do it through component, IDK, tbh, I have no experience with those.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us