Subwoofer,volume level,

Username: Coolbreezinnh

Lebanon, Me

Post Number: 1
Hey guys I need some advice on a few things that have been driving me crazy over the last couple of days.

My old receiver was a Denon AVR-683 it came with a surround sound speaker package. It did its job for a year but I needed to upgrade so I went bought a Yamaha HTR-5750 6.1 dts dolby digtial. Their have been a few issues that I have with old and new, my problems are...

I'm not getting the punch that I would like to from my subwoofer. When the base hits, its almost like a muffled rumble (no punch to it). I have my LFE level set at 100 I'm using my old subwoofer from the Denon package, also the surround and back speaker. My front I have replaced with a pair of Athena Towers, these sound good. Is it my Subwoofer or my settings??

Also while setting up my receiver I seem to notice that the front chanels seem to drownd out my center chanel. I have set my center chanel level higher than my front chanels. Will this hurt the clarity of the sound?

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 545
most likely the set-up.
go through it from the beginning and make sure that the speaker levels sound the same when the test tones come on (use a VU/noise meter,if not just wing it).
Is your subwoofer powered???

Username: Coolbreezinnh

Lebanon, Me

Post Number: 2
yes the sub is powered,its hard to tell if they sound the same cuz of the tone sounds is different.
i had the level set the same on the settings and it drown's out the center ??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us