Yamaha set up help please

Username: Azzrock

MelbourneAust

Post Number: 4
hi id like set up my yam rx v557. iwant to set it up to a hifi vcr and sony trinaton tv.
the vidio has rca in and out the tv has rca and s video. how do i do this . ive tried but it has notworked. the radio on the amp has worked but no noise coming thru the tv. any connection help would be great.
the monitor out plugs on the amp are coloured blue, red and green. compared to the red white and yellow vid in plugs on the tv. what colour goes where? there is a s vid pug on the tv but it doesn't say in or out. any help will be great

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 229
OK lets start with what you don't need. The VCR has no S-video out so don't worry about it, this would be used for a DVD or a Digital cable box. The blue red and green inputs are called component video and are used with either a progressive scan DVD or High Def cable box. Red and white cables from the VCR to the yamaha's video input 1 and selecty this on the yamaha, play a tape and you should get sound. Hook you TV antanna cable to the VCR in and then out to TV and set it for channel 3 and your TV sound should now come through the yamaha.

MelbourneAust

Post Number: 7
hi casy. thanks for taking the time to
replying to my message. it people like
u that make these sites what they are.
have a great day.
ps ill try what u said now.

MelbourneAust

Post Number: 8
hi casey,
i dont get the ty
channel 3 part?????

Silver Member
Username: Praetorian

Canada

Post Number: 286
VCRs were invented in the day of TVs with a single input, in order then, to be able to view the VCRs output, it was fed via a channel (usually 3 or sometimes 4). On some VCRs there is the option to select which one. You may have to push a VCR/TV button when on one of those channels too.

MelbourneAust

Post Number: 10
may be i should just forget the vcr
part of all this i hardly use it
any way.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2863
Connect the yellow composite straight from the VCR to the TV and set the TV on line or auxillary, whatever Sony calls it. Never use coax unless you have to, picture quality is inferior.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us