Yamaha

Username: Azzrock

MelbourneAust

Post Number: 1
hi id like set up my yam rx v557. iwant to set it up to a hifi vcr and sony trinaton tv.
the vidio has rca in and out the tv has rca and s video. how do i do this . ive tried but it has notworked. the radio on the amp has worked but no noise coming thru the tv. any connection help would be great.

MelbourneAust

Post Number: 2
do i need to have leads going from amp to tv, if the video ones go from vid to amp?

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 978
do i need to have leads going from amp to tv, if the video ones go from vid to amp?

Yes, video should be hooked up from the "Monitor Out" RCA jacks on the Yamaha to the input on the TV. If you want sound from the TV speakers, you need to hook up the audio from the amp to the TV. You then select the input on the amp that has the video/audio feed from the VCR. In addition, you have to select the line input on the TV.

MelbourneAust

Post Number: 3
thanks john for taking time to reply to my question ur a legend. the monitor out pugs on the amp are coloured blue, red and green. compared to the red white and yellow vid in plugs on the tv. what colour goes where? there is a s vid pug on the tv but it doesn't say in or out. any help will be great

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 985
aaron, unless you live in an alternate universe from mine (and I suppose Melbourne qualifies :-) ), you should also have red/white/yellow "monitor out" jacks on the receiver (amp). Those should be fed into the TV.

Alternitively, you could just feed the video signal alone directly into the TV from the VCR and feed audio from the VCR into the receiver. That would mean no audio on the TV's speakers. If the receiver is powering external speakers, then that may not be important.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us