Onkyo ht 500 speaker set

Audio Noob
since the reciever is bunk, i was still looking into the speaker set to use along side a different reciever, i can ind the set for less then 200 dollars O.O, but i wanted to know more about the speakers, i read somewhere that the someone opened up a speaker and it said the tweeters were rates 6ohms and the woofers were rated at 8ohms O.o

i know the speakers are cheap and all, but i dont want anything that can damage my reciever. my reciever i have is a kenwood 6070, and its 8 ohms compatible, now if this is true, abou that comment i read elsewhere,

can a speaker made with a 6ohm tweeter and 8 ohm woofer damage an 8ohm reciever?

the speaker set will save me money, but i dont want it if theres a chance of damaging the reciever, if you know the answer please help an audio noob out

OnkyoOwner
Noob- the HT 500 speakers are all 8 ohm.
Some folks have said they are made by Polk, but I have my doubts about that. Some of the speaker parts could be made by the same Asian technology company that makes parts for Polk, but that doesn't make them Polk speakers, either.
This set is a good compromise if you are on a budget & they do sound good with DVD's.
Enjoy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us