Denon 3803 & Klipsch RF seires speakers

Username: Blodg8

San Francisco, CA USA

Post Number: 5
Hi all,

I have a Denon 3803 receiver and the Klipsch RF series Front Loud speakers, surround and the SUB.
After setting up everything and running all Monster cables, I still don't get any nice high frequency from these speakers. Do i need an additional amp to power these speakers? Also, from some of the posts I read, Denon amp board may not be providing so good sounds or do I need an additional equalizer with power amp for these speakers? Please advise. I am not hearing any clear and crisp sounds from it. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 1171
what do you mean by "nice" HF? Can you elaborite for me please? are the bright, dull, flat, sharp, etc. etc. etc.? without more of a description of the sound, not many here can be of much help :-)

aside from you not hearing clear and crisp sound, I need a little more please.

Username: Tj0099

Edmonton, Oiler Country Canada

Post Number: 3
do the RF's seem bright...high, no bottom end...bass maxed or vice versa...cables actually do make a difference in alot of cases. You own a Ferrari setup so to speak, now what do you use for tires, cheap WalMart specials replace me once a year,or GoodYear\Firestone all seasonal radials...got to remember, you have good components, now how do you link them...do you use lampcord as speaker wire to save a couple of bucks...to me sounds like cables IMO...you have a nice setup IMO, Denon and Klipsch are a great combo....

cables\interconnects DO make a difference...
investment again....it's all an endless investment..thank God I'm divorced....lol...

join the Klipsch board at their website also...lots of Denon\Klipsch owners and great info...

Edmonton, Your in Oil ... Canada

Post Number: 4
to add...rule of thumb...1/5th or 1/4 of budget should be spent, or if sitting on, for HT goes to quality cables\interconnects...best is gold...big bucks...then silver, followed on down the line with copper and additives at the bottom...you'd hate to see my price tag...I stayed at silver....

Gold Member

New York USA

Post Number: 1174
Oilers,

silver is better than gold as far as signal conductivity.

BTW,I am not much of a reciever fan (one of the upper-midfi guys on the board), so if I come off as a bit brash, I apologise.

Gold Member

New York USA

Post Number: 1175
not a bad setup you have yourself either..

Edmonton, Alberta, Your in Oil ... Canada

Post Number: 7
no problem...every group has one....or 2... :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Willieman

PR USA

Post Number: 17
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us