S-video splitter?

Username: Deadhorse

Post Number: 10
Thanks for all the advice to my earlier question today. I think I want to use s-video from my DVD and VCR into my receiver but I think my TV only has one s-video in.

So my question is can I get a 2 into 1 s-video adapter? If yes do you know where?

Gold Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 1054
If your receiver can take two s-video in and one s-video out, then what is the problem?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
My new receiver doesn't have s-video, the real problem is i have a older TV that doesn't have any of the newer inputs, coax, component input, all it has is one s-video and RCA inputs.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1055
Then why do you say "I want to use s-video from my DVD and VCR into my receiver:

You'll need something like this, but probably a much shorter one.

Silver Member
Username: Usa2k4

Post Number: 166
Google "s-video switch". The more expensive ones come with remote controls and/or auto switching such as this one:

http://www.svideo.com/svauto.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
"You'll need something like this" like what?

Forget the VCR for a second, and remember the receiver has no s-video, in or out.

If I used the component connections from the DVD to receiver then how do I get to the TV? I would have to use RCA and then surely I would loose the quality of the component connection?

I'm certainly arguing with you, I just want to understand how to get the best out of what i have.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1056
Sorry I forgot the post

http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat%5Fid=2008&sku=29161

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 187
Nick if you are going to forget the VCR you have no problem. S-video from DVD to TV, forget the component connection without a HD TV it will not make a big difference in your case.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us