Orb Audio Question on SuperEight Sub Crossover Numbers in Back

Bronze Member
Username: Hershon

Post Number: 34
Would appreciate any help here as I'm not sure if I have my crossover set at the right number on the back of my Orb Audio Super Eight Sub. Specifically, for some bizarre reason the lowest cross over range on the back of the sub says 40 not 0 going up to 160 the highest. As such, because it doesn't start with 0, I've assumed that to set it in the exact middle is not in fact 80 & I've subseqently set this a few degrees to the right of the middle. Is this correct? Thanks I used a Denon 3801 receiver & I think the crossover is 80 on the Denon.

Username: Mcthirstyone

Post Number: 2
Doesn't your crossover on the receiver supercede the crossover on the sub (i.e. if you cross on the receiver at 80hz, just turn the crossover on the sub above that)? I don't know for sure, but that has always been my assumption.

Bronze Member
Username: 95bcwh

Post Number: 15
Orb audio recommends setting the crossover at 120Hz via your receiver.

Oh just to share with you all, I just bought an ARCAM AVR300 to replace my Denon 3806... damned.. the AVR300 completely blows the Denon out of the water!!!!

I thought the Denon sounded on the lean and dry side, the bass was lacking. Arcam shifted the tone towards the neutral side. The bass is tight, refine and yet full of body, there're more mid range than Denon, and the high remains as good.

The other receiver I tested with Orbs are Yamaha RXV-2500. The Yamaha is better than Denon in terms of Home theater, but Denon kicks Yamaha's butt in terms of music.

Arcam blow them away in both music and HT.

I've put an order on an additional 2 Mod1 satellites. I don't like the Mod2 center channel, I thought it sounded a bit thin, so I want to try making a Mod4 for the center channel to see if it fills the room better.

Bronze Member
Username: Willieman

PR USA

Post Number: 18
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us