Receiver Question...please help

Username: Bonomo27

Post Number: 1
I recently purchased a Sony STR-DG 500 receiver and cannot get my surround sound to work for the TV or the DVD player. The only thing that works for the surround sound is the built in FM and AM radio. Are there certain cables that are needed or am I just too old to understand this new technology? Any help is much appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 179
Sam a little more info, the model number for the DVD player,what TV, do you have a cable box and is it a digital box with audio and video connections?

Username: Bonomo27

Post Number: 2
Thanks Casey, the model of the DVD player is a Sony DVP-F21, the TV is JVC AV27D305, and a cable box with audio and video connections.

Username: Mrdts

Post Number: 1
On the back of your DVD player there is a single digital connection (either fiberoptic or coaxial).Coax conn is usually orange or black standard rca plug-in,fiberoptic has an unusaul shaped connector that emits a red laser.As for your calble box i will assume it is only stereo analag(red and white).Conn your dvd with either a coax or fiberoptic cable to the corresponding conn on amp.Conn your cable box using stereo analog cables to the input you wanna use for tv ex:TV/sat or CLB/sat on your amp.Set the input you used for cable box on your amp to PRO-LOGICll,Set your input for dvd to auto input.In your manual for your amp it will show you the back of your amp and all the inputs will be labeled, it will also show you how to set your inputs for surround, DD,DTS,ect... Good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us