Nvidai 6800 Component Connectivity

Username: Srread

Post Number: 1
I've got a 2005 MCE Dell with a Nvidia Geforce 6800 graphics card with DVI, VGA, and S-video outputs. I have a pioneer 50" plasma tv that I want to connect to the card. Because of the plasma location, I will have to use component video for the connection. I can use DVI or VGA so I am looking for the best connector to use. I have tried going VGA to a Startech VGA2TV2WAY scalar/converter but I can't even get the on screen display to view. Both the PC display and the plasma are 1280x768 native. However, since I plan to send the video signal on component video I will probaly have to use 1280x720 (720p). Any suggestions on hardware for the conversion from DVI/VGA to component video?

Bronze Member
Username: Ascleanasitgets

KingstonCanada

Post Number: 42
well DVI is digital right you can get a VGA->component adaptor you will need to get some type of software that will output a signal in 720p so that it fits to screen right but other then that thats really your only option if you want to use component if you have a pioneer HD plasma the one with the separate tuner then on the TV there should be a DVI port that goes from the BOX to the TV i don't know if theres a way to use that but you could as well as if your box has HDMI on it then you could try DVI-HDMI but i would stick to VGA->component i think its gonna be your best bet

Bronze Member
Username: Pedrin

Post Number: 44
HELO
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts