Help me optimize my audio

Username: Spudby9

Los Alamitos, CA USA

Post Number: 1
Finally got Adelphia to bring my HD box for my new system. Yamaha HTR 5990 with HDMI inputs - - but NO output on Cable box! Only a DVI out. They connected composite to the Yamaha and running the HDMI to my Sony HDTV. Only using RCA from Cable box to the Receiver. How can I get the best Cable sound? The Cable box does have an optical audio out.
Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Nfminstaller

Post Number: 14
Use Component instead of Composite to run to the reciever and then use Fiber Optic to the reciever for audio. Output from the reciever to the TV is fine with HDMI.

Los Alamitos, CA USA

Post Number: 2
Sorry about that! It is component video connection from CBox to A/V receiver.
Are you saying that if I run the fiber optic audio connection from CBox to A/V receiver, that both audio and video signals will be output on HDMI cable from A/V receiver to HDTV?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7966
No, the fiber optic connection does not carry your video signals just your audio.

You still need a video source and your receiver's job is to integrate them into the HDMI output.

Los Alamitos, CA USA

Post Number: 3
Berny:

Right - - use the component video connections AND fiber optic audio cable from the CBox to the A/V receiver; and then out to the HDTV via the HDMI on the A/V receiver?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7973
yes
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us