Plasma blurry

Username: Werre300

Post Number: 4
I hooked my HP 42(4260N) inch plasma tv to my Direct TV satelite receiver but i get a grainy image.. i used the svideo and also tried several cables.....its more noticeable the closer you get.....it just doesn't seem clear....Is this because i am not viewing in Hi-Definition? Or am i seeing that the quality is just not as good as some other TVs? Does anyone have a recommondation on a 42 plasma....By the way the DVD's that i play over svideo look much better? Is this a signal issue or a TV issue?

Username: Soy_un_pendidor

Post Number: 4
Dude,

I noticed a big (and worse) change in the video quality of my DirecTV when we went from a 31" regular TV to a 47" Panasonic RPTV. What seemed crystal clear on the smaller TV was unacceptable on the larger TV. There was a difference in picture quality between channels, like Discovery Channel is consistently better than our local network feed.

We ended up ordering the HD receiver and HD package and the HD channels look super, as do most animated programs. Other channels in non-HD are hit or miss. But all the channels look super on the smaller set still.

Comparing the component HD and HDMI outputs from the DirecTV HD box, on my TV anyway, was a remarkably small difference in picture quality.

Sorry if this doesn't help too much, and sorry many more times if this ends up starting a long list of insults and flames, but for what it's worth, there's my pitiful attempt at assistance!

;-)

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 169
Since the DVD look much better it's not your TV. Do you have a HD satalite receiver? Hook the HD sat receiver up with coponent video (red,green,blue) or HDMI. Standard TV does not look good on most HD TV.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us