How is bundle of Kef 2005 + yamaha 630

Please, help me with advice. I am completely in confusion. There are a lot of choices. Now definitely I want kef 2005 due to its small sizes and great sound. But but the problem is with the receiver. I heard that recommended bundle is with Denon 3802. Here it cost $1000 and its too expensive for me.
So trusted gurus, could tell me will it be good to buy yamaha 630 ($600) instead of denon 3802? Will it be a perfect bundle with a great sound? Or will you recommend something else at the same price level for a receiver = $700?

Anonymous
I hooked my KEF KHT 2005 w/ Onkyo TX-SR 600 A/V Receiver w/ 5.1 setup and it sounds great.

How about with Marantz SR 4300? I plan to buy a combination of Marantz and KEF KHT 2005.2
Any feedback?

Hawk
I really like the KEF 2005.2 system and I think it will sound good with almost anything. The Marantz should be a very good combo.

Frandsen
Hey! How will the kef 2005 sound with my Sony str-de425. It has 3x90watt + 2x45 (RMS). Will this be allright? The reciever has not a Dolby Digital decoder built-in but is prepared for it. Will this be a problem? (I have a DVD with AC-3 Dolby Digital built in). An answer would be a great help...

Anonymous
I got the yamaha RX-V740 and KHT-2005.2, guess what? they perfectly matched. The sound is not bright nor laid back. Killer combo for both movie and music.
I used to have RX-V630 (predecessor model), it sounds tad bright, however, it exhibited rich in midrange and bass department. One thing I've noticed with RX-V740 is that, it smooth out the brightness of previous model. This reveals the sonic difference specially on DTS DVD's.

Hy Anonymous,
i also got the Yamaha 740. Is the couple of KEF 2005 and Yamaha 740 realy good?
How is your speaker-configuration in RXV740

NewsyL
I'd like to audition the KEF 2005.2's. Anyone know of a dealer in Vancouver BC area with display units?

Username: Glenn

Post Number: 1
I want to get a Surround sound system for a room 15x26 vaulted ceiling 9' to 14' I liked the Bose Lstyl 35 but was turned off by the high price and it lacked full range of human hearing. I think I want to go with KEF 2005.2 speakers for around $1300 I still need a DVD and a A/V receiver. Please advise on matching units and keep the total budget under $2500.

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Post Number: 360
Glenn:

You can't do any better in mini-satellites than the KEFs--a truly awesome speaker system (and a huge improvement on the Bose). They do need some serious power to get them to truly "sing." Since my last post on this thread, I have heard them with several different receivrs and have concluded they need real power to get the most out of them (ignore receiver power ratings as a myth--concentrate on who has good power supplies built in).

Let me suggest a great compliment to those speakers--for $950, you can get both the NAD 752 A/V receiver and the NAD 532 DVD player. These were recently discontinued, but Saturday Audio (www.saturdayaudio.com) still has them at a closeout price for the pair (check them out on their "Deals Page" and the page for the DVD player offers an additional $50 off if purchased with any NAD A/V receiver). I have heard the 752 driving the KEFs and you simply cannot get better sound out of those speakers. Also, the NAD has enough power to fill your room, and this combo stays within your budget. The 532 has won a number of awards in Europe from the audio/video press, so it is a quality unit as well and a great match with the receiver.

Good luck!

Username: Glenn

Post Number: 2
Hawk, Thank-you for your advise/recommendations. I just ordered the KEF 2005.2, NAD T753 A/V receiver and the NAD T513 DVD player from Saturday Audio. The total price came in just under $2,400 with shipping. The speakers were less than I planned on paying so that allowed me to upgrade on the two other components based on the recommendation of my sales rep Ron. I hope these were the right choices?
Thanks Glenn

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Post Number: 380
Glenn:

I think you made an excellent choice--I have no doubt the wife will love the look of the KEF satellites--and the sound should be very well balanced and wonderful to listen to.

Get your system set up and share with us what you like and don't like about the system (hopefully, you will like everything!). As far as upgrading, I always believe more power is better, so I do think the money was well spent.

Enjoy!

Username: Avman

Kansas City, MO US

Post Number: 9
I think in onkyo is the way to go, but the 600 is no longer available, you should look at the new 701 it as great reviews and has pre ins and out for upgradable disc players.

And if anyone else in the home is going to use it, it seems to be easy to use and operate.

good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us