Receiver for BOSE Acoustimass 10: any advice?

Username: Fabrizio

Post Number: 2
Hello here,
I am going to buy the BOSE Acoustimass 10 Series III:

http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_PRODUCT_PAGE_EVENT&product=am10_surrou nd_features#tabs

and I am wondering what kind of receiver I would need to drive it. Any advices and suggestions on models, brands and types are very welcome!

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Fabrizio

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 918
my reccomendation is to buy anything but bose.

Buy
Other
Stereo
Equipment

take a look at Orb Audio if you like the size of the Bose. The Orbs will perform heads and tails better than Bose. They will also be able to advise you personally on what will work best in your room, and you may even be patched through to the designer.

www.orbaudio.com

Post Number: 3
Thank you for your reply, I'll check it out. In the meantime, any advice on my original question is very welcome!

Thank you.

Fabrizio

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7347
What is your budget?

Almost any receiver can drive the Acoustimass. Recommending a specific brand or kind is not going to make any difference. So don't fret about the receiver.

Post Number: 4
My budget is $600 as maximum for the receiver.

Thank you for any suggestion.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7352
Pioneer VSX-1015

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 927
I would also look into Pioneer Elite and Integra recievers as well. They are historically better (and I can atest to that) then their humble Pioneer and Onkyo stablemates.

Post Number: 5
Thank you guys, I'll look into them. One question: do exist receivers with more than 1 digital input?

Thank you very much.

Fabrizio

Gold Member

Post Number: 7356
Yes

Post Number: 6
Thank you for your reply. Any suggested model/brand?

Thank you.

Fab.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7362
We just did.

Post Number: 7
Well, thank you, sorry, I didn't check out their input/outpus.

One question more about watts: how much power (in watts) do you think would be better for the Bose Acoustimass 10 system?

Thank you again.

Sincerely,
Fab.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7369
The receivers mentioned above will provide enough power to run your Bose. More power will only make it a little louder, but not much, and not really better. If you really want better, get a different set of speakers. Otherwise, keep it simple.

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 932
Bose has one of the worst reputations among the knowledgable for audio quality in the industry, so if you are aiming to improve the sound quality, replace the speakers.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7371
I doubt he wants the advice about Bose.

Post Number: 8
"Bose the worst reputations among the knowledgable for audio quality in the industry" ??? Sounds a little bit weird to me... isn't it?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7375
Why would you think so? Have you listened to any other system and compared them to Bose?

There is nothing weird about that statement. If you are indeed a musician, you will discover the limitations of Bose.

Post Number: 9
Well, I am a professional musician but I am not very expert of speakers, I know that BOSE is one of the best brands (historically) and I listened to some music from them much better than from speakers by Sony or other Japanese companies... probably I am not enough expert, I am aware there are incredible systems out there for pro audio, but for an home theater system not too expensive, I found BOSE system of very good quality. What else would you suggest instead of BOSE? Any advice is very welcome though.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Fabrizio

Gold Member

Post Number: 7377
Do some research on Axiom Audio, Athena Technologies, Paradigm, B&W speakers. They all go well with the recommended Pioneer receiver.

Post Number: 10
And are they all better than BOSE?

Thank you.

Fab.

Username: Sstawade

Miamisburg, Ohio USA

Post Number: 1
Hi
I too have purchsed and I am looking for a low on weight receivers which I can take out side country. Additionaly do not want to invest too much on receiver as I want an option to choose better one if I do not like this one.
My requirement is low weight and good sound quality. Not really bothered about number of inputs.

Can anybody please suggest.

I am a novice to home theatre systems and the ones bose offers with their LS systems are really cool. Can they be bought someplace?

Please advice.
Thanks
Satya

Gold Member

Post Number: 7378
Yes Fabrizio, they are.

Satyajit, you are a rude individual! Did you not read the terms of this forum? Your ignorance is not an excuse.

Start your own thread and do not hijack this one.

Username: Sstawade

Miamisburg, Ohio USA

Hey I am sorry but I didnt mean to be rude. Forgive my ignorance. I couldnt locate a link to start a thread. thats why thought of posting my comments here.
Please accept my apologies for the same. Will not try to interrupt you now and look for a place to post a new question.
-Satyajit

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Ok Berny, thank you, I'll check them out. Any further advice from other users about BOSE Home Theater systems is very welcome though.

Thank you again.

Best,
Fab.

Bronze Member
Username: Em69

OttawaCanada

Post Number: 79
Fabrizio,
I recently got rid of my Bose Acoustimass system because I was losing dialogue during movies and the sound did not seem to fill the room. Berny recommended Paradigm to me. I am now completely statisfied with my HT system.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Thank you em69,
that's interesting to know. How much big is your room? Just to know... also, what system do you have by Paradigm?

I checked Paragidm on its own website but I couldn't find any price to have an idea of the needed budget.

Thank you again very much.

Sincerely,
Fabrizio

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 945
the paradigm HT systems start well under $1000. I believe that the cinema series starts at $500 for a set of speakers.

hold on. Im looking.. it appears that the reccomended systems section for the monitor and performance series speakers is down for maintainance. This is where you get the price for a complete system.

My best advice is to call a dealer and see what they can come up with.

Also, check out Ascend Acoustics speakers as well as my original reccomendation for small speakers with a big sound, Orb Audio. Orb Audio lists their prices right on the net to give you an idea of what you will be spending.

www.orbaudio.com
www.ascendacoustics.com

Gold Member

Post Number: 7401
Yes...Ascend Acoustics, how can I forget about those. Really wonderful speakers, you should give them a try.

Username: Parekhbhavin

Hey Guys, I too (like every other Bose purchaser) bought Bose AM10 III. I wanted to buy a receiver and was wondering what would be the best fit for it? I intend spending around $200 - $300 on the receiver. Also, any suggestions as to which one of the following is better brand and a good match :-

(1) Yamaha HTR-5960
(2) Onkyo 603X

Gold Member

Post Number: 7663
Bhavin read the entire thread and you'll get an idea of what you can get. And don't hijack a thread again.

And as I wrote you before, either of those receivers will drive the Bose.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Hello guys. I bought the ONKYO TX-SR603XS for my Bose acoustimass 10 which finally I bought and I am REALLY satisfied by all the system. The receiver is simply great and I found a great deal of it on Amazon.com... just $374!

I am very satisfied by the BOSE system too, the sound is great and I can rise the volume as much I want without any distortion. Really satisfied.

Thank you again for all your advices though.

Sincerely,

Gold Member

Post Number: 7674
Good to know Fabrizio:-)

It is great that you are satisfied with your system...that is all that matters!

Happy listening!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Thank you Berny... I am really happy.

Thank you again.

Fabrizio.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us