Connecting DVD combo to TV with cable?

Username: Sugarbeansmom

Post Number: 1
I just got cable turned back on in my house. Having trouble connecting the DVD/VCR combo, so I could actually record shows.

Cable guy connected the cable from the wall into the DVD/combo, then connected that to the TV. TV is older, only has coaxial cable -- no A/V connections.

With this setup, I could see the cable on the tv just fine... but DVD/VCR will not play a movie on the screen or record anything...

So, then he set it up with the RF box I had before I got cable... So now it has the cable from the wall, into the RF box, out from there to the tv... Then the a/v cables connecting the rf box to the DVD/combo.

With this setup, I can watch cable on the tv fine... then turn on channel 3 and watch movies on dvd/vcr... But I cannot watch/record cable thru the VCR..

Is there some other way to hook this up so I can record tv shows?

Thanks,

Linda

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 121
Try this, cable from wall to VCR TO RF box to TV, DVD cables to RF box. To play DVD/VCR you set TV to CH.3, but to record you need to hit the TV/VCRF button on the remote so the internal tuner of the VCR can now control the cable chanels. You need to set the VCR to record ch. 25 if that is the chanel you want recorded. I assume there is no cable box.

Username: Sugarbeansmom

Post Number: 2
thanks so much! I read the manual for the DVD/VCR combo online yesterday & thought the same thing... I had another cable at home, so now it's going from the wall to the DVD/VCR, then from there to the RF box, then from there to the TV.

Works great!!!

Linda
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us