Bose speakers

Username: Hightechdan

Post Number: 3
I have a Bose Lifestyles 12 system that I am looking to upgrade because the Bose does not have sufficient inputs for my purposes. I like the sound and looks of the Bose and do not have the money to do upgrade everything at once. First, I want a new receiver and I am looking at the Yamaha RX-V2600. Later on, I will upgrade to better speakers.
Bose says that I cannot connect the satellites to anything but the lifestyle module. But they cannot really explain technically why I cannot connect them to any receiver directly. They also claim that with their accustimass system, I could connect it to any receiver. I cannot see any reason that I would not want low frequencies to be sent to the satellites , because they do not handle lows, but what if there is x-over control?(Does anyone know if they use separate satellites in their accustimass that in their lifestyles system or maybe they are telling me this so I don't get away as a customer?)
My question is as follows:
I am willing to forego the Bose bass module and use a different brand sub for the time being, but can I connect the Bose satellites (5 satellites)directly to the Yamaha receiver. I cannot understand why this could not be done, since the Yamaha receiver allows you choose different crossover setting for sub and speakers. I was thinking I can set the Yamaha speaker setup to "small" and pick a high crossover like 200.
Is there a way that I can still use the lifestyle sub? What signal do I feed into it? Would I be able to send the sub signal from the Yamaha?.
Please help me!

Silver Member
Username: Bachatero07

Post Number: 106
as far as i know, the speakers will work just fine with any receiver. well, maybe not fine. bose speakers were made to work with that bose reciever so connecting it to a different reciever wont give u that same crisp sound. they will not handle any bass though, so make sure they dont get any. one of the best things about bose is how well and evenly they separate the bass from the mids and lows. dont turn the system to loud though. the speakers will not be able to handle the extra power and might even blow out.

Bronze Member
Username: Angelo

New york

Post Number: 20
If your on a tight budget you shouldnt have bought bose in the first place there are a rip off. "better sound through reseach" my butt If their so good why arent they compadable with any other but their own.
My suggestion to you sell them on ebay or to someone who has no idea about audio equipment
for the price you paid you could of got an denon receiver and If you want small satalites orb audio and any dvd player and have money left over too
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us