Studio 60 vs monitor 90p

Username: Jr286

Post Number: 4
i can`t decide between studio 60 and monitor 90p i need a little help please.thanks....jr

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 856
the studio 60 is a much better speaker all the way around. It has much less cabinet resonance and better drivers (think the tweeter might be the same)

however, the studio 60 requires more power to drive than the monitor 90p, and as a result recievers should not apply.

The monitor 90p has more bass IMHO, but personally I don't think it is as accurate. The studio 60 can put out some serious bass on its own.

Post Number: 5
thanks for the infor. do you think the outlaw 1075 has enough power to drive studio 60 with cc-470 center and adp-470 surround......thanks jerry

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 859
outlaw does not make a model 1075, and according to their website, never have.

can you clarify for me?

Post Number: 6
i`m sorry i talking about 1070 receiver

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 874
it may, but I can not answer it for sure.

your best bet is to PM Art Kyle, and ask him for sure. He has a lot more experience with the reference series than I do.

Personally, I would only reccomend driving them with recievers from: rotel, B&K, McIntosh, and other companies like that.

Art frequently posts in the speakers section of the home audio part of the forum. Hit him up.

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2951
The Outlaw would likely have the power to drive the 60's but not optimally. If you intend to add an external power amp at least to the fronts in the future it would be well worth buying the 60's and living just a bit power shy for a little while. Like Gavin said the 60's are a far better speaker than the 90P. Remember adding an external amp to the fronts is not very expensive and would add a lot to the overall sound. Good luck.

Post Number: 7
thank you very much ...........jerry

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 990
how's it going? did your quest end for the perfect speakers?

Post Number: 8
very well thanks, i purchase outlaw 990/7125 with studio 60 + adp470 with cc570 and i think that i could use still more power.it seems not as loud as i would expect.studio 60 sound little bright maybe its the speaker cable i`m not really sure ........thanks again jerry

Gold Member

New York USA

Post Number: 1149
the studio 60's require a good amount of power... :-)

what are you using in the rest of your system for CD/ DVD and the like? cables will not effect the sound as much as the sources will.

Post Number: 9
i can`t believe that studio 60`s require that much power i`m thinking about buying another amp just to power them.(i took care of bright sound by adding some more bass to the speakers it sounds great)i don`t hear any sound at all untill around 25db.i`m watching my dvd`s at around 3db.Does that sound right?One more question if you don`t mind sometimes the center channel has trouble pick up the voice levels on certain movies,with all the special effects going on, it`s hard to hear the voices....jerry

Gold Member

New York USA

Post Number: 1169
trust me jerry...

try to pick up another amp, you will be pleased with the results.

If I may reccomend the outlaw audio monoblocks (can't remember the model number off the top of my head), the performance is outstanding for the price, and wil drive your front stage splendidly.

the reason why your CC is dropping out is because it too isn't being powered adequatly.

Bronze Member
Username: Noya83

Portland, Oregon USA

Post Number: 13
jerry,

If you still looking for a nice power amp at a good price, check out audiogon.com. Most the items there are used, but some good deals can be had on high end equipment that someone like myself could never afford otherwise.

-Michael

Bronze Member
Username: Willieman

PR USA

Post Number: 12
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us