Sub woofer problem with HT920

Username: Mkhowe

Post Number: 2
After a little over a year of use a circuit board, on this HT-920 home theater system, developed a small crack resulting in intermittent sound. This was the diagnosis of one of their certified repair centers. This system sat in the same place the whole time and was not moved. The repair center communicated it was a know issue with the poor design, with the external speaker connector being part of the board. This was not in warranty period and the replacement part is no longer available. The repair center thought Panasonic would replace subwoofer at no charge as they said Panasonic is aware of the issue and the new sub design has changed as a result. Did not happen. This is the second instance in the last 5 years where I've had an issue with a Panasonic home theater system and a know design issue. The other was with the HT-900 where a Panasonic engineer admitted the defect and they did replace that system.

I also own a Boston acoustics (9 years) and Aiwa (15 years) with no issues. To Panasonic's credit I am very please with the 7 year old TV I own. I will not buy another home theater sound system from them and will think twice about purchasing other Panasonic products. This is unfortunate as I'm in the market for 2 LCD or Plasma 42" TVs and I've read allot of good thing about their plasma and LCD TVs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us