Onkyo hts650 subwoofer question

Anonymous
to all onkyo hts650 owners. do you guys hookup the sub to an ac outlet or to the recievers outlet. it says the the reciever's outlet can handle up to 130 watts, i think. and it says the sub only needs input power of 75 watts. also, does anybody know how much power is consumed during standby for the sub.

Anonymous
This is a wonderful receiver mated to very competent speakers and a terrific subwoofer. It's relatively easy to set up, and sounds terrific over all.

Unfortunately, some of these receivers seem to have a bug such that the Dolby Digital Low Frequency Effects channel (the ".1" of "5.1") is not output to the subwoofer. You might not notice because in the usual subwoofer mode, bass from the other channels is fed to the subwoofer, and sounds satisfactory if you don't know any better. But if you listen to the ship passing overhead in Attack of the Clones on one of the affected units after hearing it on a good Dolby 5.1 system, you'll know immediately that something's messed up. If you have not heard the scene on a system that outputs proper LFE, you might not notice.

Given that the system should probably sell for $800-1000 with 5.1 sound, you may decide that $500 for 5.0 is OK. Or you may get one without the bug. Who knows? I exchanged mine and got a second one with the bug.

This system should be sold as Dolby 5.0 and not 5.1 because it isn't.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us