What should i do about my local CC

unhappy customer
today i returned an onkyo system i ourchased there for a full refund, because i returned it about a good 3 times or so and all recievers were defective(there are actually good models out there, but the ones i got were bad) one was sent on special order but i decided to forego the hassle with the store and requested a refund, so i decided to just get a different reciever,

i do some researching and window shopping and notice that this reciever that i was looking into at frys electronics store [url]http://shop3.outpost.com/product/3328592/[/url]

[url]http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0684724636.1046507436@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccejadchjhgidhgcfngcfkmdffhdffl.0&catoid=-8021&qp=0&bookmark=bookmark_5&oid=53455[/url]

was 399. i noticed that circuit city had the same model here, for 499, and i remember seeing an ad that cc will price match any competitor

so i asked the store manager, the same one that refunded my onkyo system today. if he can price match it with the 110 percent difference, and he told me no, and go to frys to buy it.

now this is where i get upset, i ask him again, are you refusing me service and he replied "yes"

after about 3 minutes of arguing, he began adding statements to his previous comments changing his story.

from i dont want to help you, go to frys, to "the price match will go below our cost, so i cant price match it" , isnt this illegal?
then finally saying "thats a great price over there, go buy it at frys"

they dont have a sign that says we reserve the right to refuse service to a customer, and having a price match gaurantee and refusing to honor it, is also false advertising and illegal is it not?

not only that, as a manager he refered me to another store thats competing!???!! and how about customers always right motto? obviously as a manager he feels he has the right to tell a customer they are wrong. then i told him call frys, and he did after 10 minutes commenting how frys kept hanging up on him... finally, he said that he couldnt honor the price match because the model number had a b at the end of it for black, which was the exact same black reciever circuit city has. frys also had them in stock btw, and he didnt honor the price match.

after about 40 minutes of arguing, i told him, i no longer wish to purchase it from him or circuit city, since he has such a biased predjudice against tending to my needs and cared more for a products cost then honoring the price match gaurantee.

as i ended the conversation, he offered to price match after the fact that i told him i no longer wished to purchase it form him, and he dealt an incredibly sour shopping experience and that i would call the regional or district manager, the first phone number given to me did not work btw, and the second toll free number to circuit city was closed for the day.

what bothered me, was through out the entire conversation/ordeal he had a non caring attitude and act as if me calling a district manager would do nothing against him, as if he was invincible to treat me with such disrepect and predjudice against helping me.

at the end of the conversation, he said i will not speak to you anymore, then i ask, are you refusing to help me then? he said no, then what are you saying? and he responded "i will no longer speak to you." this had me befuddled beyond belief. such ignorance and cusomter disrespect had me feel so sour about the whole store, that my desire to shop there was down to zero, my desire to even purchase a reciever from anywhere was now non existant.

heres the killer, at the beginnig of our conversation when he refused help me, a friend of mine spoke to another worker and that worker said hed sell him the reicever for the price matched price. this is down right predjudice, does not mean racial predjudice but it does show the manager had a personal predjudice, obviously bitter from my onkyo returns. but to a point of refusing service and honor the cc price match gaurantee this is bad.
*edit*

[url]http://www.prodcat.panasonic.com/Shop/NewDesign/ProductList.asp?CategoryID=2600[/url]

this is the list of recievers panasonic makes, there are only two models in the 200 line, 200 and 200k, one is silver and one is black, both reicevers at frys electrnics and cc were the black models, he was obviously trying to find an excuse not to sell me the reciever.in his words the frys model had "b" at the end for black, that the cc didnt use.

Anonymous
"Lighten up Francis!"
We are about to go to war with Iraq then who knows what with North Korea We have a terror alert color code system in effect and people are duct taping rooms closed in case of a chemical attack and your snapping because a guy with a tie making 35k a year did not want to sell you a 4th receiver under cost that you could get down the road! Just relax and keep thing in prspective. :-)

OnkyoOwner
Right On anonymous-the world is in chaos, we sure need to keep thing in perspective.
To Unhappy Customer- if you are so upset, write a letter to the CC Corporate HQ. Perhaps you came off as abrasive & rude & obviously too difficult to please to this sales rep
The easiest solution is shop elsewhere--you are investing way too much time in what should be a pleasureable activity.

Taber
Anonymous and OnkyoOwner,
What the fuckk are you guys talking about. Don't confuse the issue. If you want to talk politics and current events, go to another message board. The economy, business, work, life has to go on. Either contribute or go seal yourself in a room with duct tape and plastic and shut up.

Unhappy Customer,
you have to make sure you take a look at all the details of their written policy regarding price matching. If you've met all the requirements then you have a legitimate complaint. If you don't meet the criteria, then you have nothing to complain about. Either way, if the sales guy couldn't even give a logical or consistent explanation and then ignore you, then something is wrong there. I don't know about predjudice, but it's clearly a lack of customer service or just plain ignorance on their part. Some of these damn retailers just don't get it.

unhappy customer
i did read the price match policy, and it was under the guidelines, frys did have the reciever in stock, and frys did sellt he reciever 100 dollars less. the manager then tried to weasel out of it by, saying the frys model number has a b for black in the end and cc model didnt use the b on the end of the model or something ridiculous like that.

he also chose to refuse me service when there was no sign posted about right to refuse service, which is illegal is it not?

how many managers do you know would actually recommend the customer to purchase a product at another competiting retailer because they had a better deal? lmao, after giving me such a difficult time, and telling the manager i no longer wanted to deal business with him or his store, he hapilly offered me the price match as we were about to leave, but more out of mokery then anything since he knew fully well that i no longer had any intentions of purchasing the product form him.

unhappy customer
i declined the offer rightfully so, since you wouldnt eat from a hand that had just poisoned you.

Anonymous
the manager sounds like the typical dikwad CC staff worker bee .. know-it-alls that know nothing!
Yes the world is crumbling around us and duct taping homes is now a sport ..
.. but wtf, give the guy a break, all he wants to do is get a product that works, something that should be pleasurable and ease the pain of living in such a miserable world. NOW WE HAVE TO DENY OURSELVES OF THAT!??!?!
fuk Iraq .. fuk duct tape .. fuk CC

CC Sucks
Ok, so the economy sucks and we're going to war. So, based on that we should all just bend over and take it up the wazoo from rude incompetent lying sack of shiit salesmen? I don't follow the logic. We as consumers have the right to complain about things like this no matter the state of the world. Circuit City sucks. The only stores that I will not buy from unless they have a unique item I need that no one else has are CC and Sound Advice. Their salespeople are untrained in anything except deception and lying.

OnkyoOwner
Yeah customers can complain all they want. Sometimes the corporations might even listen. Usually not, unless there are great numbers and it might mean a loss in sales.
I heard that the CC salespeople no longer work on commission. That means most will no longer go the extra mile for the customer.

Not all salespeople are liars--they're just like you and me trying to earn a living. Besides some customers are just jerks, too! Works both ways. I have been at both ends of the game and I prefer being the customer because you can choose where to shop--sales people can't choose their customers.

unhappy customer
well, i will reporting this to my local college newspaper, and have it printed in an article with consumer reports, then i will contact the district manager and try to see if anything will be done, if not, i will contact the regional manager and the local new station and report my incident, in the consumer beware specials.

just becuse the manager thinks im a scrub not worth helping, does not mean he can treat people he deems minute as consumers that you can mistreat and with no worries of consequence.

Anonymous
Anyone using foul language will be reported to your ISP immediately and you will be permanently banned from using these boards.

Anonymous
This is a wonderful receiver mated to very competent speakers and a terrific subwoofer. It's relatively easy to set up, and sounds terrific over all.

Unfortunately, some of these receivers seem to have a bug such that the Dolby Digital Low Frequency Effects channel (the ".1" of "5.1") is not output to the subwoofer. You might not notice because in the usual subwoofer mode, bass from the other channels is fed to the subwoofer, and sounds satisfactory if you don't know any better. But if you listen to the ship passing overhead in Attack of the Clones on one of the affected units after hearing it on a good Dolby 5.1 system, you'll know immediately that something's messed up. If you have not heard the scene on a system that outputs proper LFE, you might not notice.

Given that the system should probably sell for $800-1000 with 5.1 sound, you may decide that $500 for 5.0 is OK. Or you may get one without the bug. Who knows? I exchanged mine and got a second one with the bug.

This system should be sold as Dolby 5.0 and not 5.1 because it isn't.

Phantom Curser
quote " Anyone using foul language will be reported to your ISP immediately and you will be permanently banned from using these boards."

My ISP?? Oh please no!!!!! LMAO my ISP doesn't give a flying crap what I do as long as it's not illegal. Want to know why? I AM my ISP. As for the sites policy, if you try and post using foul language, there is a filter in place that will not allow you to use certain words. Any more stupid comments???

Meow mix
Report this to the Better Business Bureau.

And good luck with CC. I dealt with Good Guys in the similar manner. Don't listen to the rest of the fools that advise you to leave it alone.

Anonymous
its been a week and no response from them yet, i just called them a 3rd time, im going to try and contact the regional manager since the dm doesnt find this issue important enough to act upon it or seek corrective action..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us