Which NAD Receiver?

Username: Soundmessage

United States

Post Number: 3
I've decided on NAD for a home theatre system that I'm putting together. However, I'm not sure which to choose. I can probably afford to get anything up to a T763, but I'm wondering if I'd be perfectly happy with a T753 or even a T743. I'm going to pair it with the Tannoy Arena system, plus an additional TS10 subwoofer for dual subs in a space that's approx 22ft x 18ft.

Any thoughts?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7010
I would get the the T763. You'll be happier.

Bronze Member
Username: Divin11112000

Michigan

Post Number: 66
I would think that after about 2mths you'd be looking at your 53 or 43, going y didn't I spend the additional $ to get the better one.

I know I tend to do that buyer's remorse

just my .02

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7013
And it will happen.

Username: Schimitar

Cape TownSouth Africa

Post Number: 1
So what did you buy?? I am off tonight to buy my T763, why 763 and not 753, because it has a torrodal transformer. I have looked for long at all the amps and speakers, I have a NAD stereo at home with mission speakers and could not find anything that compared.

Username: Soundmessage

United States

Post Number: 4
I went with the T753. I've been very happy with it. More than enough power for the Arena speakers and my space. Great sounding system all around. Now, if only my satellite provider could provide a decent quality audio stream to match...

But, the T753 was great. I just couldn't justify the extra $$ for the small gain in wattage, i/o that I'll never use, and the power supply.

Username: Schimitar

Cape TownSouth Africa

Post Number: 2
Am so disappointed, after all my calls to the Hi-Fi store requesting the right amp with the right speakers, nothing was done. To top it all they don't have a 763 in stock, I went all the way there to waste my time... went to another shop and listened to the Denon 3805 with B&W speakers, not too bad but then we went home and listened to the same songs (made a demo cd) on our NAD L40 with Mission 700 series speakers and it blew the 3805 away, the clarity, the bass. This is what is making it so hard, we want to upgrade to AVR but want the NAD stereo sound we always had
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us