PROOF POSITIVE THAT ONKYO HT-S650 SPEAKERS ARE MADE BY POLK

Anonymous
When I was listening to the HTS-650 in Circuit City I had a good conversation with the salesperson. He was very knowledgable and actually claimed to own the system himself. The salesman told me that they too were curios to see who made the speakers because they sounded so good. He informed me that one of the salesmen actually unscrewed and removed the speaker from the cabinet and checked. The name on the back of the speaker was POLK. I have not taken mine apart to verify this, but it is interesting you heard it was Polk also.

Visna Kuru
Whatever. I looked, and the speakers and tweeters say "EasTech". Apparently, the company Eastern Asia Technology Ltd., is one of the largest loudspeaker manufacturers in the world.

http://www.eastech.com/english/index.htm

Quote: "To-date, the Group has a wide client base which includes such well-known brands as Dell, Monsoon, TEAC, Emerson, Mission, Denon, Viewsonic, Logitech, Philips, Sony, Kenwood, Sanyo, Panasonic, Shamp, Hitachi, Pioneer, LG, Armstrong, TDK, JVC, D-Link and Creative Technology."

Did you notice Mission, Denon, Kenwood, Pioneer. That's why the speakers sound great.

OnkyoOwner
Visna-
Thanks for the info on EasTech
"EasTech" is exactly what I found when I unscrewed the tweeter & speaker cones, too.
Nowhere did I see the word "Polk"

In my opinion, there is just way too much B.S. & speculation on this forum by some posters.
Maybe if a fee were charged it could weed out these folks.

Anonymous
Suppose its possible they own the design and have them made by more than one mfg??

Visna Kuru
Perhaps, East Asia Technology makes the speakers for Polk, also. Wouldn't that be a dandy. Think of it, all the Polk and Onkyo warriors out there could finally set aside their differences, like real people do, instead of bickering at each other which speaker sets are better.

To anonymous, you could be right. Now all we have to do is get Onkyo to admit they don't make their own speakers.

Anonymous
EAT does indeed make the Polk speakers. Polk sub contracts to EAT.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us