Center speaker peaks when lows hit hard, help please

Username: Chase1977

Post Number: 1
So, I'v got a 5.1 system, with a Yamaha reciever. I have a passive subwoofer of which I plug unto the frond speaker jacks and then the front speaker out from the sub. On the reciever I have set the subwoofer to "none", set the front speakers to "large", and set center and surrounds to "small". I thought this ment that all low frequencies were sent through the fronts only but I seem to still be getting to much low in the center, so much that it rattles and peaks when turned up somewhat loud or at lower volume when certain frequencies hit it. The speaker is 80hz - 20khz and 4-8 ohms (all satallites). And the Sub is 40hz - 180hz and 4-8ohms.

My other question is what impedance should I set it at? My reciever has the choice of 6 ohms or 8 ohms. Which one is better?

Bronze Member
Username: Westcott

League City, Texas

Post Number: 79
This configuration does not allow your receiver to provide bass management. You are stuck with whatever the subwoofer has built in.

I would suggest a speaker upgrade. Get a sub that plugs into the receiver and plug your speakers into the receiver.

Use whatever you speakers are designed for. 6 or 8 Ohm.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us