Polk audio w/denon receiver

Username: Skiguy02920

Post Number: 1
ok. having lined up my tv, I am about 1500 over budget after cables, surge/line conditioner, delivery/tuning/installation, warranty and tax.

so I am needing to cut back on sound. guys at tweeter will give me this on sale for 699 (and maybe I can get them down a tad).

thoughts?

Polk Audio RMTHEATERIII RM6750B Speaker System with Denon AVR1506 Surround Sound Receiver

Transform your home into a dynamic movie theater with this surround-sound package. The system includes the Denon AVR-1506 receiver and a 6-piece Polk Audio speaker set. The receiver provides 7 channels of discrete amplification to drive all of the primary speakers in a 7.1 surround-sound system. Onboard surround processing includes Dolby Digital Surround EX, DTS 6.1 and Dolby Pro Logic IIx. The speaker system delivers quality audio while occupying a minimum amount of room space. The subwoofer features an 8" Long-Throw Dynamic Balance driver for deep, rumbling bass tones. The center channel utilizes a rear Power Port bass vent for improved lower-midrange response. The satellites incorporate the same polymer-composite midrange driver with a silk/polymer composite dome tweeter to deliver vivid and lifelike audio. This all-in-one package will immerse you in a world of enhanced movie and music sound.

* Includes the Denon AVR-1506 surround sound receiver and the Polk Audio RM6750B six-piece 5.1-channel home-theater speaker system
* Receiver delivers 75 watts per channel for sustained dynamic audio
* 24-bit/192 kHz high-resolution DACs ensure premium playback from all 7 channels
* Multiple inputs and outputs establish a centralized component for your home theater
* Speaker system features a subwoofer, center-channel speaker and four satellite speakers for front and surround applications
* Integrated baffle and grille design provides maximum sound dispersion with minimum diffraction for superior expansive sound
* Built-in subwoofer power amplifier with active crossover produces accurate bass and grand home-theater thrills
* Magnetically shielded satellites permit placement near TV and video monitors with no risk of video distortion
* Keyhole-slot wall-mounting brackets allow an integrated speaker setup with no extra brackets or wall mounts to buy

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 6746
How much did you end up spending on cables?

Username: Skiguy02920

Post Number: 2
actually only one cable, hdmi about 130! but I didn't actually BUY everything yet, so could get elsewhere.

skiguy

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 6765
Oy...those HDMI cables are not cheap. Here's some reading for when you are trying to decide on cables.

There are plenty of opinions and debate so it is best to come to your own conlcusions

http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/audioprinciples/cables.htm

I think you a pretty decent system there. You should enjoy it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us