Bronze Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 68
Post your dream system in this thread

Bronze Member
Username: Irisfailsafe

BogotaColombia

Post Number: 14
definetly will use Bowers and Winking Nautilus Prestige speakers. Nothing looks that good or has a revolutionary concept like them...

Username: Littlej72

MD

Post Number: 2
Mcintosh...period.

Username: Compumasta

Post Number: 3
even though they are not the most expensive, i would probably go with some aperion audio system because i love the REAL not laminate cherry wood cabinetry.

Bronze Member
Username: Basicaudio

Chula vista, Ca US

Post Number: 54
my dream system is anything that is in www.exoticaudio.org or www.audiogon.com

or any of our well to do audiophiles here has. they know who they are.

if i could choose, a german physik gaub flagship loudpeaker weighs over 1000 lbs eacn. the flagship of avant garde horns, mckintosh flagship, genesis flagship and an electrostatic called AHL TOLTEQ,
martin logan statement e2....

krell amps/mcintosh amps, carver flagship ht receiver. eminent tech rotor sub, svs/paradigm subs and a carver sunfire sub.

I would use ohm walsh or german physik jupiter for surrounds or possibly a duevel including a center.

too much to list, i really have to go thru my many list of manufacturers. such systems are very time consuming in putting together for ht or music set up.
i have seen so many awesome setups in various forums...if you really want to hide your custom made home theater setup, try artcoustic, they are picture frames of your design. Loudspeakers,subs, centers, rears, amp,preamps and cd/dvd players are hard choices if money is not an issue. projectors aren't as hard because the companies that excell to another level of fidelity are only a few, not like loudspeakers and amps for example.

Username: Swoop

Rockwall, TX United States

Post Number: 3
http://www.statusacoustics.com/Products/titus.html

These would be my surround speakers

Gold Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 1066
hmm....

a 5 channel Wilson Audio WAMM system, fronted by MBL amplification, and McIntosh sources.

and it sucks to be me, because the WAMM is no longer made.

Jim, the Statement E2 is no longer made either, but is due to be replaced...lol

Bronze Member
Username: Basicaudio

Chula vista, Ca US

Post Number: 83
there's always something new to be developed.
I forgot to mention MAGICO horns. The only think magico forgot to place on their speakers are wing flaps and thrusters! I can only ENVY you mr. C, did i hear wilson audio wamm system.
If i was an international burglar, i would go for a wealthy man's audio gear, instead of the wife's jewelry, I think that's how they came up with the WAF factor (wife approval factor). "it takes a thief!" i don't think mr. wagner was after loudspeakers, but rather jewels, and i wasn't referring to the singer either!
So what's replacing the martin logan statement e2?
No wonder why i see one for $45k at audiogon instead of the $90k retail.

For you entrepreneurs. If IRAQ ever becomes civilized and becomes a modern civilization,
you can always establish a high end store there selling SCUD SUBWOOFERS, or imperial guard HORNS!
lol

Gold Member

New York USA

Post Number: 1069
No clue yet what is replacing the statement e2 yet. I just know something is in the works.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 7852
If money was no object...I'll have Skywalker Ranch design my own Media Room :-)

Gold Member

New York USA

Post Number: 1078
well... according to the rumor mill, the new statement series system will have the new XStat panels, with newly designed woofers for better intergration, and possibly a redesigned sub bass tower system.

I am honestly not too fond of these new XStat panels. They do not have the warmth that the old logans have that was so intoxicating. Instead, they eschewed the midrange richness. To my ears it seems like the XStats are much brighter than the old panels, and not as warm in the mids.

However, I have not spent a lot of time with them, and they may not have been broken in. But, if this is the case and they DO in fact sound like this, I am going to pick up a pair of clarities when they are discontinued for a killer price. They will probably be my 2nd and last pair of ML speakers.

It will come in at around $120,000 for the statement replacement.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us