Why I can't hear my tv in surround sound 5.1?

Username: Kike71

Roma, Tx USA

Post Number: 3
I have a Magnavox DVD/CD Player with VCR Combo MWD2205 and a Sony HT-DDW60 Home Theatre. My DVD's sound great but my TV just dont sound in surround sound? Please help me out! and show me how to set it up if possible.

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 6572
ARe you getting TV signals in surround sound format? If not then you won't get surround sound from your TV.

Username: Jaystone

Kingston, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
Try this....assuming you have a stereo tv and cable tv. Cable comes into house...goes to your vcr/dvd "IN"..take another piece of cable from vcr/dvd "OUTPUT TO TV" to your tv. From your tv "AUDIO OUT" to your amplifiers "VIDEO".It may not say input...it may just say video. If it says video monitor instead use it and be sure to put the amp to video or video monitor,whichever is on the back. Hope this helps.Good luck.

Username: Mmurphy

Ireland

Post Number: 1
Please Please help. I disconnected my Phillips 5.1 from TV DVD and Sat players but cannot get them reconnected again correctly. Has anyone any ideas or perhaps a website were Ic ould down load the info required???
Help Help

Username: Jaystone

Kingston, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2
Hey Murph....start with the incoming cable...cable comes into your house..goes to sat "in" I presume...cable from sat "out" to cable on back of tv.your dvd goes to your amp marked DVD on the back.s-video if you use or have it goes from the dvd to your tv and your 3 component plugs (yellow,red and white) go to the same input as the svideo from the dvd(av1,av2 av3....etc) on the back of the tv...it all depends on your tv I guess.Hope this helps a little bit.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 114
Anyone looking for connection help should check out this link. http://www.ceaconnectionsguide.com/

Username: Zulhansem

Singapore, Singapore

Post Number: 3
Hi Casey,
Thankks for the link. Very useful inded.

rgds,
zul
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us