Home Theater in a Box with HDMI?

Username: D_neil_smith

Post Number: 1
Is there a good home theater in a box with HDMI inputs (ideally 2) and one output? I'm interested in a 5.1 system, but I'd also like to have an output to a speaker distribution box for three extra zones.

Alternatively, can anyone recommend a decent receiver that would meet the same requirements? I'm not a sophisticated audiophile, and I'm definitely looking for something affordable. But it seems like it would be worthwhile to spend a little extra to get those HDMI inputs/outputs. Thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Mmastin

Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post Number: 15
I was told that something like this is only offered in very high end systems. Like $4k price range and up.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 221
Today there are multi receivers thta can do this for less than $100 Yamaha 2600 is an example.

Bronze Member
Username: Mmastin

Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post Number: 17
Wish I had known this before purchasing my Onkyo about 3 months ago.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 231
Sorry I left off a zero that was $1000. not $100

Username: Daylight91

Post Number: 1
Please help. I am a complete newbie with all this. I am about to purchase a Sony Grand Wega 60" SXRD TV on-line from Abe's of Maine. That part is probably going to be fine. However, I am lost about all else - speakers, cables, etc. What would you recommend for a home theatre in a box type arrangement? I have about $1000 to spend. I have ruled out Bose due to the bad reputation. Sony has a 5.1 channel DVD Dream system for about $700. However, I think I need HDMI and would like XM capability as well as being able to hook up my i-pod mini to the TV. I am very confused. Do I have to also buy a DVD recorder with HDMI in order to fully appreciate the 1080 resolution? I am also hoping to cut down on all those wires by having a set of wireless rear speakers. Picture is more important than sound in this room since I have a good stereo system in another room (that I can't move). I hope I have phrased these questions properly. Thanks so much for any help you can provide.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us