Kenwood sound problems

Username: Hazard

Post Number: 1
Hi Peeps. I'm new on these forums. I have been seraching for a resolution to the problem I am having. I have a kenwood sound system. I also have a shaw cable digital box and a dvd. 5 speakers. The problem is when I watch movies via the digital box the sound is okay for a bit then seems to switch as if I was in an arena or a tunnel. Sometimes the background music is really loud and the dialog seems very quiet and I can't hear it.

So I have replaced the digital box 3 times and the same thing happens. DVD's sound great! Shaw pipes movies though the box in 5.1. I also tried replacing the reciever and the same deal, and I also swapped out the center channel speaker. Any ideas? what I can try next? Or know of any good tests? doesn't happen on all movies..mostly just ones with alot of action like spiderman, as soon as explosions would occur sound would drop alot like it's in night mode.

any help would be great.

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 744
You're not cranking the volume up too high on those little speakers are you?

Username: Hazard

Post Number: 2
Nope I have two tower speakers and two rear speakers and a center speaker. Only time I turn it up is when I can't hear the dialog over the sound effects or music. Then I up my center channel, this doesn't help with the "helloooo I am in a tunnel" effect lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us