Will This Type of Setup Work Well?

Username: Drhowser

Post Number: 1
Hi...looking for some insight and ideas on whether a setup I am considering will work.

Currently, I have a Bose Lifesyle 35, an LG DVD, an HD DirecTV and a Mitsubishi WD-73727 TV.

The Bose has only 1 optical input. Therefore, I am using the optical input from the DVD player (to get the best possible sound from my movies), L/R connections from the DirecTV and then HDMI from both for the picture on the Mitsu TV. I am concered I am not getting the best possible sound from teh DirecTV since I am just using the L/R connectors.

I want to get the best possible sound. Since HDMI is supposed to carry sound for 5.1, etc, do you think I would see a significant increase in sound quality (from the DirecTV mainly) if I go like this:

*HDMI from DirecTV to TV (as it is today) for picture
*HDMI from DVD to TV (as it is today) for picture
*Optical Out from TV to Bose for sound from both units

The TV is brand new and, I believe, should be able to "transfer" the sound from the HDMI input to the Optical output with no loss. But I want to make sure I am sustaining 5.1, THX and DTS since Bose supports all those formats.

Insight is appreicated!
Jeff

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 6081
Yes the transfer of audio information is going to be preserved. However, the output of the audible sound coming from your speakers will be a different matter. If you want the best possible sound, you may first want to listen to other units other than Bose. Doesn't matter what formats Bose can support.

Username: Drhowser

Post Number: 2
Thanks...

I have always had a BOSE. I just want to optimize the technology I have and use the optical transmission.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 6150
Then that's all you need.

Enjoy:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us