Looking for suggestions on bookshelf speakers

Username: Blue_dragon

Davison, Michigan

Post Number: 1
I am going to be replacing my bookshelf speakers on my system. I am doing this because I am giving my current ones to my parents (they need speakers).

I have a Yamaha HTR-5860 receiver and the speakers are for the front left/right channel. I want great speaker and would like suggestions in all price ranges. Do not worry about budget. The speakers that I am replacing are RCA Cat# 40-5016? bookshelf speakers. I use this system for movies and music. Sorry if this is to broad of a question. Just ask me what you need to know

Thanks
Jeffrey DeWitt

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 6054
With the parameters you've set, a few come to mind:

Sonus Faber Guarneri
Sonus Faber Sonus Faber Cremona
Sonus Faber Stradivari

Martin Logan Statement E2
Martin Logan Clarity
Martin Logan Mosaic

Magnepan MG12
Magnepan MG20

Ohm Walsh 300 Mk2

Meadowlark Audio...the Blue Heron 2 in particular.

These are some of the ones I really like, with the Sonus Faber being my favorite. You should be able to pick something out that would suit you.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 6130
Well Jeffrey...did you come to a decision? Have auditioned any speakers at all? We love to spend other people's money here, specially those with a seemingly unlimited budget! :-)

Username: Blue_dragon

Davison, Michigan

Post Number: 2
No I have not made a decision yet. I do wish I had a unlimited budget but there is always some budget.

To be honest I was clueless to how much you could spend on speakers and the ones that you suggested sure would be great but way more then I want to spend.

Maybe I should say I want ok or just good speakers. I would like to spend in the neighborhood of about $400.

Now I feel stupid because this is just a tenth of what those speakers that you suggested cost. How about some suggestions in this ballpark.

Sorry for the ignorance.

Jeffrey DeWitt

drewboy
Unregistered guest
I currently have a pair of Paradigm Reference Studio 20's that I really like. They ran me about $800, and there are plenty of positive reviews on this site that you can find. I have yet to find any reviews with a hint of negativity towards these speakers. They're about twice your budget, but according to the reviews they compete with speakers many times their cost so it might be worth the little bit of extra cash.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us