Starting from Scratch...would like ideas and opinions

Username: Patenl

Canada

Post Number: 1
Hi there,
Been searching the web for months to get ideas on a perfect home theatre room and too bad I found this site only tonight.
Anyways I have a 13'X 18' basement room that I am turning into a theatre room....I want your advice on what material to use for insulation, carpet on floor, Drop-ceiling tiles, cabinet for components in wall...also advice on LCD or PLasma or even a CRT 42" to 55". (will not be putting a projector) Hopefully someone would have pictures of their projects from start to finish.
Just to give an idea...my room will have 2 exterior walls, 1 wall sharing the bedroom and the other wall sharing the shop (furnace, freezer etc..) I will have 1 door to enter the room going down 4 stairs (I have a 4 level side-split) and another door to the shop. I am planning on putting the TV on the shop wall...
Budget is tight but all the walls or open so might as well do it right the first time.
my email is patenl@gmail.com
thanks
Luc

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5955
There some projects on this area of the forum. You can search for some ideas there.

Budget is improtant for making recommendations.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-theater/197718.html

Username: Patenl

Canada

Post Number: 2
Hi Berny,
As far as budget...it is tight but I am going with the flow....
I am doing the work myself so lets say for now $2500 Canadian for material...everything for walls (walls already framed so just insulation and drywall) , wiring A/V, hydro, ceiling, lights and floor.
thanks again.
Luc
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us