Archive through June 22, 2005

Robert Findley
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone knows who makes the Durabrand Home Theater system??? Let me know,Thanks.

david tsang
i think its a walmart generic brand

lenoxx electronics www.lenoxx.com
Joshua DeHaven

Username: Integsys

Post Number: 3
Actually, Funai makes Durabrand products. They also make Sylvania, Emerson, Symphonic, and Funai. I'm not sure how Lenoxx is involved - maybe they're a US distributor.

LTM
Unregistered guest
My sons each got Durabrand personal CD players this past Christmas. After about two months each of them started "not playing" when you pressed play. We checked all batteries, changed them, etc. but you punch play, it flashes at you maybe 1-2 seconds and then it goes off. It happened with all three of them. We've looked at the instruction manual and we haven't done anything to program any of them not to come on.

We highly recommend you NOT purchase Durabrand products.

Unregistered guest
I have a tv/vcr durabrand, I lost the remote control and I was unable to get any other remote control that works with durabrand tv/vcr combo, How can I contacted the manufactor?

Anonymous

Here is the customer support website for durabrand...see if they can help...
http://www.funai-corp.com/support/contact.asp

Anonymous

I have bought some DVD-R from Durabrand and my HP 400c cd/dvd rw writer does not recognize a single one of the ten dvd-r's. I've burned plenty of dvd's in the past, and was surprised to see how none of these worked.

Unregistered guest
Both Paul and Joshua are correct.

Durabrand is not a manuafactuer, but rather an OEM customer in which they buy their product from other manufacturers and stick their name on it.

For my HT395 home theatre, Lenoxx is the manufactuer. It is listed as such in the manual, and Lenoxx has my product in the manual.

For other Durabrand products, Funai is the manufacturer.

Check your product manual, and if not there, check the bottom of your system. If neither of those work, check both the Funai and Lenoxx websites as they may have information for your component.

However, durabrand is not made by a specific manufactuer. They "OEM" other peoples products, like a good deal of other "brand names" do.

Unregistered guest
is it possible to use a univirse remote with the surrond sound systemfrom durabrand

JO
Unregistered guest
Well to the person who had all the durand portable dvd players break. Why didnt u take them back? All durabrand products have 18 months in the story warranty.

Justbrowsingby
Unregistered guest
I saw a universal remote at Walmart that listed DuraBrand as one of the brands it can control. I think it was "1 for All" or something like that. Look on the back and see which it can control.

The only trouble I've had w/ my Durabrand Home Theater DVD player is that some DVDs don't play right. I think its because I have it going through my VCR. My TV in the bedroom w/ the Durabrand DVD player doesn't have RCA inputs, so I guess I just have to watch those kinds of DVDs that don't work in the living room on that DVD player that is plugged into the TV.
The Manual says something about some DVDs copy protection can cause problems when the signal goes through a VCR and that it should be plugged right into the TV.

Anonymous

My Durabrand CD/MP3 Car in dash detachable face CD player started malfunctioning after two months of use. Who will give support for troubleshoot? I can't return to Wal-mart, because they have 30 days return policy? I don't what do with that CD player?

Anonymous

My Durabrand CD/MP3 Car in dash detachable face CD player started malfunctioning after two months of use. Who will give support for troubleshoot? I can't return to Wal-mart, because they have 30 days return policy? I don't know! what do with that CD player?

Anonymous

Does anyone know where I can find a replacement dual screen connector cable for a PVS1966

Josh W.
Unregistered guest
We've had a Durabrand TV/DVD Player for less than a year and a half and already the picture has disappeared. The sound comes through just fine, but the screen has completely crapped out. I know it was cheap, but that's ridiculous.

Anonymous

i have a durabrand universal remote i cant find codes for it anywhere. Does anyone know a site that might have them?

Ookie
Unregistered guest
Walmart will take returns up to years later. I don't know where you got that 30 day stuff. This summer I returned a Jensen auto cd player that I bought 2 years ago. I got full credit from it for replacement. I always know that if it breaks and Walmart still sells it, sometimes even if I didn't buy it there, they will always exchange it for a new one.

Henry Patatu
Unregistered guest
I do not have any commision from DURABRAND or WALMART but I think all you who is Shiting about DURABRAND are all azzhowlz. I bought a very famous brand product MADE IN JAPAN and after one month went defected. So what? These things happen.

Jane
Unregistered guest
To Jo who posted on 11/6/04. What does your last sentence "All durabrand products have 18 months in the story warranty." mean? It has an 18 month STORE WARRANTY? Our DVD player just went out and we bought at Walmart 6/04. They said they would not take back. We did not keep owners manual.

eeve
Unregistered guest
hi, just received a durabrand electric roaster oven and would like to know if anyone can tell me where I can get information on cooking times for various foods at different temperatures.Also what foods can be cooked in this oven. This info is not listed in the owners manual. thank you

Anonymous

I have a 7 inch portable dvd player and I am looking for a headrest docking station for my vehicle.

G man
Unregistered guest
Have 27" durabrand tv that works just fine.
Walmart will overextend most any warranty if
it will satisfy the customer.

Unregistered guest
I Have a Durabrand Portable 7" DVD Player DUR-1700 I recieved it for christmas the battery shorted out if you move the battery side to side the unit would turn on/off I took it back (Wal-Mart) and got another unit ( the same system) do you all know of any problems with these unit I should be aware of?!

if so please e-mail me @ alterednet@generation@yahoo.com

Unregistered guest
Also in list of others post Durabrand is I think currently owned by "INITAL TECHOLOGY INC."
at least thats whats on the bottom of my Durabrand Portable DVD Player DUR-1700

Jane
Unregistered guest
TKDG1 - I would run as fast as you can from Durabrand. It will work for a while and then quit. Try contacting the manuf. and I don't think you will get anywhere like we have. Emails go unanswered and phone calls get a recording that they have too many calls, call back! Good luck on whatever you do!! Of course these are just our experiences! :-)

A friendly web surfer
Unregistered guest
I do not think Funai makes Durabrand. Their webste does not list it as one of their brand names, BUT you can see it on the ALCO Electronics site.

here is ALCO's site:
http://www.alco.com.hk/

Here is their accessory site: http://www.18002526123.com/findit/findit.htm

As you can see it is a small electronic firm out of Hong Kong.

From this site: http://funai.us/company/index.html you will not see Durabrand or Venturer listed. These 2 brands have a dual screen portable DVD player for your car currently being sold at Wal-Mart and Sam's club.

Bronze Member
Username: Kbk

Post Number: 15
I think Durabrand products are manufactured by the same company that makes Regent, Lenoxx Electronics: www.lenoxx.com

Chris Lawson
Unregistered guest
I do not think anybody manufacturers the DURABRAND products. They are just a small/larger (not for sure) company that buys products from other companies/makes them them selves or has them made by other companies then they put the DURABRAND name on the item and sell it at a cheap price. It's basicly just like WALMART's VALUE brand food items. They are baught from one company and have a different name put on them that way they can be sold a cheaper price. NO BOUNDRIES clothing and MEJIER COLA are also examples of this.

Anonymous

different front companies sometimes, but its all made in China

Anonymous

Why are all you guys worrying about waranties and service for this Walmart junk? Just buy a new one,put the broke one in the new box and return it the next day with your reciept. It's a heck of alot better than arguing with the stupid manager.

X~Convict
Unregistered guest
I just bought a DuraBrand Home Theater System (5.1 surround sound) and use it on my computer. I really have never heard such quality sound from the speakers and the subwoofer. It is the best thing as far as speakers Ive heard before.

X~Convict

Unregistered guest
hello, folks!
iam brazilian and i was in orlando and bought one durabrand dur-1700, symphonic sd200e and symphonic sr90ve dvd players.
but when i arrived in brazil i saw that it plays dvd only for region 1 and not for region 4 (south america).
do anybody knows how can i turn these units to region 4? whats the code?
thanks a lot and sorry my english.
i also purchase the dvd players: pioneer dvr-220 and CYBERHOME CH-DVD300 with the same problems.

please answer to my email: wildsonleal@hotmail.com

Unregistered guest
does any know the code to put in a sky remote control to get it too work on on a durabrand tv

Bronze Member
Username: Tipstir

Post Number: 61
Try checking www.videohelp.com or do a wide search on google.

Bronze Member
Username: Tipstir

Post Number: 61
Try checking www.videohelp.com or do a wide search on google.

durabrandstyle
Unregistered guest
STUPID LOSERS DURa
rBRAND IS THE NITSHIT YOU DONT EVEN KNOW!! IM NOT A TROLL N+ IM NOT A FLAME, IM JUST A KID WITH SOME DURABRAND NAME!!!

HOLLER BACK

durabrandstyle
Unregistered guest
STUPID LOSERS DURa
rBRAND IS THE NITSHIT YOU DONT EVEN KNOW!! IM NOT A TROLL N+ IM NOT A FLAME, IM JUST A KID WITH SOME DURABRAND GAME!!!

HOLLER BACK

IhateDuraBrand
Unregistered guest
3 strikes and Durabrand is OUT.
I have purchased the following:
In car cd player
Portable CD player
3.5" durabrand speakers.

All three are absolute crap.
The car cd player has to be reset all the time for it to even work.
The portable cd player wont play scratched CDs even if its just a fingerprint it just shuts off. Also when you try to skip tracks it will shut off.
The speakers? Well, I dont know. One of them stopped working then worked for a second and stopped working again. The other one distorts something horrible even at low volume.
Good luck on your travels with "Dura"brand.
They should have called it DumpstaBrand.
Thats where my old components are headed, since wal-mart doesnt take anything without a box or receipt. And if you say they do, shame on you for lying. Double shame if you conned some poor schmuck into bending the rules for you and got him/her fired.

otisdeez
Unregistered guest
I lost my remote for my durabrand tv. How do i set the tv to input to watch dvd's? All universal remotes I checked dont have line or input function.

Anonymous

you all busted bunch o hobaggs. dont be baggin on duraband so much yahna. shooot. i gots me aloota duru band stuffs. it be the shiznip o the chissemnip.

Anonymous

DURABRAND = QUALITY and I love my Durabrand Theater which is really a dream come true

MIKECEEHAMM
Unregistered guest
END THIS FORUM NOW!!!!

HOW COULD WE BE TALKING ABOUT DURABRAND????

gottolovewalmart, why!!!!
Unregistered guest
I am employed with walmart. I can tell you first hand that you get what you pay for. I had picked up a durabrand walkman for my son and it died in 3 mths, returned and replace it with another one and it last almost 4 yrs. The buyers of walmart can't help the stock that they get in, I have seen Sony send in bad items also. With Walmart the buyers buy in mass lots so its really hard to tell if your getting good stock or not. The best thing to do if there is more than 20 don't buy the item. This goes for all brands.

Anonymous

My next Durabrand purchase once I save up enough money will be the Durabrand AM/FM Personal CD Player, model CD-625. I believe I can buy it for around 19 dollars or so and should be able to buy it before Spring

Durabrand offers products for all budgets, no need to be left out

George/manchester.uk
Unregistered guest
I have bought the Duraband home theatre kit from ASDA(Walmart)and i cannot praise it highly enough..maybe people who buy the products dont read the manual first..i have never had any problems with the goods i have bought from them..A day to read the manuals before taking the box apart will help to have a trouble free product

Unregistered guest
I have just bought the Durabrand DVD/CD Player & VCR model number H9713BD, and when I am using the fastforward or rewind facility on the VCR all I get is a blue screen on my TV whilst it is fastforwarding or rewinding. Should I take it back to ASDA where I bought it from?

Anonymous

I've bought a Durabrand 7in DVD from Wal-Mart (Model DUR-1700). This has been nothing but a great machine for me. I take it on long roadtrips, and its worked for ten hours straight in the car without overheating, or freezing up. Everyone I show loves it, and can't believe the price ($149.98). I have had three previous personal DVD players, and this latest installment hwas been the best one for me.

Anonymous

How can I convert 3.5" speakers from an '89 Eighty-Eight Royal (which has a plug connector on the side) to the new 3.5" Durabrand speakers into the dash of my car?

t rocks
Unregistered guest
Duraband . thanks for telling me who might of made my 27" got the direct sat. remote to work with SYMPHONICS code 052. Purchased in aug.04. 3 hurricanes several weeks on flucating generator power surges by the thousand its fine.

Anonymous

yo speaker guy, just cut the connector off and hook the the negative to the negative, and the positive to the positive

ShadowKid
Unregistered guest
DURABRAND PRODUCTS ARE LARGELY MADE BY LENOX BECAUSE THEY SAY "Manuals for select Durabrand products are located in the Manuals section." ON THE FRONT PAGE OF THEIR SITE. http://www.lenoxx.com/
AND FOR THOSE THAT ARE .....ING YOU MUST REALIZE CHEAP THINGS BREAK BECUASE PEOPLE ARE TO GREEDY TO MAKE GOOD PRODUCTS CHEAP FOR US AND IF YOU BUY DURABRAND THEN GET SOMETHING THAT YOU KNOW WONT BREAK PROBABLY. ELECTRONICS ARE PICKY ANYHOW. HAVE A GOOD ONE EVERYONE

CONSUMER AND SELLER
Unregistered guest
ONE THING STANDS TRUE FOR THE MOST PART .. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR ! SAVE SOME MORE PAYCHECKS AND BUY PANASONIC OR SONY THAN YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO GRIPE ABOUT .. chEAP ELECTRONICS ARE A GAMBLE . HERE IS A HINT .. they are cheaper made .... TAKE A GAMBLE AND IF IT IS GOOD YOU ARE LUCKY , IF NOT LEARN YOUR LESSON ON QUALITY AND STOP WHINING

lysergik
Unregistered guest
has anyone had any problems with the durabrand 2 screen portable dvd player. thinkin about getting it. only about $250. doesnt seem like a bad deal for 2 6.2" screens. i'll pass if this stuff sucks though.

Anonymous

otisdeez

here's the models of uni remotes for your tele. if you still check back here for answers...hehehe
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-remote/thread.cgi?6256,new

Anonymous

Yes, I bought the Dual screen DVD player for my car and it broke 3 months later. I don't have the package and i can never get anyone on the phone or by email. Walmart will not take it back. My friend bought t as well and returned it 3 times because each one broke. DON'T BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!

cgs
Unregistered guest
I purchased a Durabrand TV and the remote was stepped on by my husband because the kids left it on the floor. I bought an All For One universal remote because it lists Durabrand as one of the brands it will work with. I tried the setup codes listed for Durabrand and they will not work. Is there some other code I should try to make this work?

Anonymous

i have a cyberhome dvd player, model ch-dvd-300, progressive scan video, which has stopped functioning (doesnt even turn on) after maybe 3 uses though i've had it for over a year. no manual. anyone have suggestions? the battery has been replaced and outlets checked.

Username: Andifat

UT USA

Post Number: 2
The face plate to my Durabrand DB1200 model was stolen. I've looked everywhere to find another with no luck, does anyone know where i can buy just the face plate??

Anonymous

lenoxx.com

13fox
Unregistered guest
omfg. does anyone in this place know where i can obtain a replacement remote for my duraband dur-1500. lenoxx & all other sites in this forum are not helpful.

Anonymous

Was wondering if maybe someone could help me figure out my Durabrand Portable DVD player. Its around 6 months old and just quit working. When a disc is put in, it starts to "load" then the screen says "no disc" and it just quits. It worked perfectly fine, then started doing this. Any ideas whats going on? I tried to return it to Wal-mart, have the box, but not the receipt, so no luck. They said they don't take returns over 30 days w/o a receipt. Thanks for any info.

Anonymous

we are having the exact same problem! Here is the website that was one the back of my Durabrand PVS 1966:

www.1800-252-6123.com

and click thru the selections. i found a section for PVS troubleshooting--

http://www.18002526123.com/findit/2004pvstroubleshooting.htm

if that helps you.

here is a section that may help you (however, when I did this it didn't work...good luck to you!):

Why is my PVS unit saying invalid disk, no disk, bad disk?

Most of the time it is because of a dirty, scratched or bent disk. Make sure you play clean disks on the machine. However, because these units are portable and get moved around, they can pick up a lot of dust.

Try doing a factory reset to clear any changes.

In DVD mode,
1. Press the setup button.
2. Use the cursor button to select the Rating, then press the enter button.
3. Use the cursor button to shift and select the Factory Set, press enter.
4. Use the cursor button to shift and select Yes, then press enter button.
5. Turn off machine by pressing the power button on machine.
6. Wait 5 mins and turn machine back on.

Also try cleaning the laser assembly. First, power off your machine. Find the laser eye located in the centre compartment where the CDs and DVDs are held. The lens is perfectly round, and made of glass with a bluish tint. To clean, moisten a good Q-Tip in rubbing alcohol (just a little), and gently swab just the glass lens, taking care not to soak it. If this does not solve your problem please contact our support line or send us an email.

Anonymous

Thank You so much for the tips...sorry to say they didn't work for me either. I sure appreciate you're trying to help though!
Thanks again!

Anonymous

http://www.initialdvd.com/ the dur-1700 is the same as the Inital idm-1731. Online menu available. FAQ etc.. Personally i am having trouble getting the unit to talk to my TV. Got sound but also get rolling B&W picture (thanks Macrovison). tried direct and thru RF modulator. No luck. Tried every TV setting, nothting. Website mentions reseting the Password lock but doesn't say how.

Unregistered guest
I have a Durabrand DUR-1700 portable DVD player. I cannot get it to play on any TV. I have tried 3 TV's and they all do the same thing. They scroll very fast in black and white. I know that the switch must be on the "video out" position. What am I doing wrong? Can any of you please help? Besides that one thing, I love this little player. It has an impressive number of audio features.

Unregistered guest
Hey hows it goin? I have worked in the electronics department at walmart for a few years, and I will tell you that Durabrand is a brand that Walmart sells, where other companies manufacture the products and put the name "Durabrand" on it. You could call it subcontracting if you like. Funai is another company who is from china, and yes they do make Emerson, Symphonic, Slvania, Lenox, and some of the durabrand products. They are for the most part opening price point products which translates into the cheapest crap at any store. They only Have a 90 return policy like just about anything else at Wal-Mart. Most Wal-Mart stores are dumb enought that they dont follow the 90 day return policy, as long as you still have the box, and the UPC number still scans at the registers, you can generally return the products. The only Product that I can think of right now that actually is made by a known brand is the cheap $.97 vhs tapes, those are made by maxell. Everything else it some cheap chineese corporation that you have never heard of. Good Luck getting universal remotes to work for Tv/vcr/dvd combos or home theaters, just about none will work the way they are supposed to, you can try buying one with a "manual code search" feature, or if you still have the old one that sort of works buy a "learning remote". If anyone has a Durabrand product that is broken that Walmart doesnt sell anymore you are pretty much S.O.L. If they do still have it, try to exchange it for the exact product they will most likely let you do so. The durabrand 20" tv is a mono TV you will never get a right and left speaker sound out of it. you can buy any dvd player for it, but it only has 1 coax connector and 2 composite connectors(yellow and white). You cannot connect a PS2 into any of the portable dvd players that walmart sell except for the dual screen one. The rest have composite options for either TFT, or line out, not line in. The 6.5" and 7" portable dvd players are junk, they can use standard dc power transformers if they need replaced, they burn up alot, try to exchange.... Hope this anwers a few questions out there, sorry to take up so much room here.

Bronze Member
Username: Videoguy

Post Number: 74
For those of you who don't have money I feel sorry for you. Just save up...a year...two years, however long it takes and buy a name brand, when it comes to this cheap stuff you get what you pay for, sometimes it works, other times you get a dud

smee so there
Unregistered guest
Hi all. wallmark bought over asda over here in the uk, asda give us a 2 or 3 year warranty on all TV and video's with out the box aswell, as long as you have proof of purchase. I think the law in this country is better when it come to things like this. Also a lot of people might not relies this but in the UK we have a law that states all goods must stay free of manufacturing defects for 6 years. So if in asda buy cheap goods you get a minimum 2 year warranty.

P.S.
bet most of you have a cheap crap operating system for your computers called "WINDOZE". That would make you pull your hair out what with viruses and spy ware crashes and some really crap software.
My advice "BUY A MAC"

Vadim K.
Unregistered guest
Does any of you know how I can reach them about their CD-R's. The first 50 pack I ever got from them worked perfectly but this pack, that I recently got is kinda crapy... Lets just say the ratio is 5:1, for every 5 cd's one of them is defected.

Vadim K.
Unregistered guest
Does any of you know how I can reach them about their CD-R's. The first 50 pack I ever got from them worked perfectly but this pack, that I recently got is kinda crapy... Lets just say the ratio is 5:1, for every 5 cd's one of them is defected.

Vadim K.
Unregistered guest
Quote from: smee so there:
P.S.
bet most of you have a cheap crap operating system for your computers called "WINDOZE". That would make you pull your hair out what with viruses and spy ware crashes and some really crap software.
My advice "BUY A MAC"

End quote

Dude lets just say makes don't need viruses to destroy everthing, they do it on their of own.

Just get LINUX!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
Quote from: smee so there:
Also a lot of people might not relies this but in the UK we have a law that states all goods must stay free of manufacturing defects for 6 years.

I wish we had a law like that here in the US!

funkotronic
Unregistered guest
IMHO: I've had 2 DVD/home theater systems from the OEM mfr Alco (Venturer, Kawasaki brands), and they were both total hunks of pre-landfill. Crummy mechanisms, cheesy sound quality, non-compatible remotes, horrendous tech support - even though they were just bought as non-primary (read: kid's room) systems, they were essentially a waste of money. Ya know, like they say: You get what you pay for. Spend a little more, get a lot more. Oh, yeah, as long as we're going off-topic on this thread.... As a convert, I can say with authority: Windows blows, Macs rock.

Bronze Member
Username: Virus5877

West Lafayette, Indiana USA

Post Number: 36
To all you unregistered guests who apparantly know nothing at all about home theater: YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!! if you pay 100 dollars for a home theater system and it craps out after 2 months, or you pay 6000 dollars for a killer home theater and it lasts 10 years, you get the same amount of use from your money. seriously, people, if you can't afford good home theater, don't get any! save your food stamps for a year or so, go buy a component system and be pround of something you own for once in your life.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
Ditto to that! I don't understand people that buy an $80 cheap home theater from Wal-Mart and then brag about their awesome home theater setup (which consists of a 19" TV and that cheap Durabrand surround sound). seriously people YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!

Unregistered guest
MACS are for women or gays. Nobody has to worry about virus if they know something about their systems. I have 10 PC's and wont allow a MAC on my bench. Overpriced bullshite.

P4 3.2
1024 PC3200
160 WD
256 Asylum

hh
Unregistered guest
dogggerppudd wtf dude fucz ur momas azz lolz macs u sic bitcz

Wish Me Luck
Unregistered guest
I bought a durabrand CD player for my wife's car and it said to refer to www.rmeco.net for customer assistance.

Anonymous

I need a replacement rechargeable battery for the Durabrand portable DVD player I bought at Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart does not stock the battery, only a detached universal. Where can I get a replacement attachable battery?

Macsrock,,,durabands2
Unregistered guest
I have bought thousands of durbrand cdrs and they all work perfect,but I also have a Mac. I have bought plenty of there products and they work fine. I also have SOny,Harman Kardon,etc. They are pretty good quality ...u h ---oes.

Username: Grateful11

Post Number: 5
>MACS are for women or gays. Nobody has to worry about virus if they know something about their systems. I have 10 PC's and wont allow a MAC on my bench. Overpriced bullshite.

P4 3.2
1024 PC3200
160 WD
256 Asylum

Too afraid to register, idiot? I have the choice of either, 2 of each in our computer room at home, I'll take a 3 year old Mac to a brand new PC anyday. I'm well versed on both platforms.

Dual 533mhz G4
450mhz G4 Cube

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
This is off topic but I think both Macs and PCs are good, depending on what type of work you're doing (and your budget...a PC is cheaper then a Mac with equal power). It's just a matter of personal preference. Oh...and Doggerpudd's comment "MACS are for women..." isn't that a little sexist, I mean I know a few ladies that are better on the computer then most guys!

Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Virus5877

West Lafayette, Indiana USA

Post Number: 91
I can't believe you losers just had 83 posts about some stupid product like durabrand. Who cares who makes durabrand, cause you're gonna have to buy a new one in 2 months anyway. seriously, you hilljacks, take some pride in what you buy! didn't your parent(s) ever tell you that you get what you pay for?

...damn...

[shakes head]

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
Ummmm...? What he said.

Anonymous

Durabrand parts are available at http://18002526123.com
that is where I bought a replacement remote for my daughters home theatre system sts98
hope this helps

Data Bank
Unregistered guest
I bought the cheap Durabrand chord phone model number ph-3235, A 13 memory speakerphone with headset..around 9 bucks and I use it in conjunction with my computer, because a cell or chordless digital phone won't work with it..So, it's the best phone I ever had....Very loud and the speaker part works very well...I've dropped it many times, but keeps on ringing....

Yoshi
Unregistered guest
Someone said Funai manufactures Durabrand. This is not true. Funai has nothing to do with Durabrand.

Ted Boing
Unregistered guest
I have a Durabrand home theatre system and my next door neighbor has a very expensive Bose system. Guess which one is getting fixed?

The Bose...

You pay for what you get?? That phrase doesn't hold water anymore..I could surely name many an Automobile under $25,000 that will outlast a $100,000 dollar car. You go by word of mouth or reviews, not price or you might get takin' for a ride, in your Hershey Highway!

Silver Member

Post Number: 112
I guess I agree with that, get friends advice and read lots of reviews before buying any piece of home theater equipment. I bought a cheapo Wal-Mart VCR for $70 back in 98 and it outlasted my mom's $300 zenith hi-fi VCR, so in this case price meant nothing!

phoebe
Unregistered guest
without a durabrand remote, I can only receive 13 cable channels.
i called walmart, they ask me to contact manufacture.
i got fed up with the game...
where can i get a new workable remote?????

RD
Unregistered guest
Found that alot of DuraBrands producta are made by Haier America 1-877-337-3639

Anonymous

I dont know if Funai owns / makes Durabrand or not, but they ARE associated. http://www.funai-corp.com
I just went round and round with Funai and Durabrand reps on the phone about the durabrand tv I bought which does not function with universal remotes, They wouldn't give me any codes and told me some of their products are made to only function with the OEM remote (which seems like BS!) They tried to sell me one for $20. I told them I still had the crappy origional remote, and explained to the idiots that I wanted to simplify things with my universal remote instead of having to juggle a bunch of them, This concept just confused them even further.. So I got no codes, No help, And now no more Durabrand junk tv. _F_ THEM! I will never again buy another product associated with Funai and Durabrand.

Username: Spongebag7

Post Number: 1
This is from Wal-Mart's website: "Every product in the extensive Durabrand line is designed and priced to deliver the best value possible. All Durabrand items are produced exclusively for Wal-Mart by some of the most progressive manufacturers in consumer electronics."

Wal-Mart of course doesn't say who these "progressive" companies are. Lenoxx Sound makes Durabrand products. Their website www.lenoxxsound.com doesn't produce anything except Lenoxx and Durabrand. I don't think Funai is connected with Durabrand or Lenoxx --- but Funai is sure a cheap company.

I guess that means that Durabrand products are made from more than just one company, like Memorex.

MandyC
Unregistered guest
Just wanted to say thanks for the alco website that was listed, I checked the website for accessories and other parts for a Durabrand PVS1966 (Dual Portable dvd)and found everything that I needed!! Thanks again!

Anonymous

can u get longer cords for a durabrand radio and where can u get them

spike1313
Unregistered guest
same as message above but my radio is a durabrand cd2155 radio. can u get longer speaker cords???

spike1313
Unregistered guest
same as message above but my radio is a durabrand cd2155 radio. can u get longer speaker cords???

SERGIO MARTINEZ
Unregistered guest
WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my friends and I highly recommend you NOT purchase Durabrand products!

last week i bought 20"tv durabrand !REALLY CRAP! ONE DAY LATER STARTED WITH PROBLEMS:
1.-WHEN YOU CHANGE THE CHANNEL TAKES 8 SECONDS TO SHOW UP THE NEXT CHANNEL.
2.-YOU CAN'T GO TO CHANNEL WITH TWO DIGITS(11,50,77)THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN GO IS ONE BY ONE BACK AND FORD.
3.-QUALITY COLORS PICTURE SCREEN REALLY POOR!

THIS IS MY FOURTH ITEM I BOUGHT FROM THE SAME BRAND,ALL FOUR FAILED.
I GAVE A CHANCE TO THIS BRAND, BUT SORRY NO MORE SH........!

I JUST RETURN THOSE ITEM,AND OF COURSE I NEVER GOING TO BUY ANYTHING FROM DURABRAND.

Username: Spongebag7

Post Number: 2
Funai and Lenoxx make Durabrand products. Durabrand doesn't do anything, they're just a brand from Wal-Mart.

You can go to http://www.lenoxx.com/DURABRAND/welcome_to_the_durabrand_page.htm to see if your product came from Lenoxx. If it's unlisted, it's from Funai (www.funai-corp.com).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us