Setup question for Pioneer Pro 1130

Username: Skidawg007

Oklahoma city, Oklahoma Us

Post Number: 2
I bought a pioneer pro 1130 last week and the hd picture is beyond belief, but the digital and analog chanels are pretty poor. It looks as if the picture has been blown up beyond its standard size. Is there a setting I can use to get a better picture on these chanels.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5412
You have to experiment with the aspect ratio. Check your manual for details.

Username: Jay_l

Quad Cities, Il

Post Number: 8
I think that you are not looking for aspect control here. The HD box you have converts the analog signal to digital and when this happens it picks up artifacts that should not be there.

Who is the manufacture of your cable box? And are you hooked up up with Hdmi or Component cables?

Bronze Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 63
Page 65 of your manuel selecting screen size manually says you have 5 sreen sizes 4;3,full,cinema,and wide.Fullis for high def if you only have component video youn may be limited to selectable screen sizes in this input. Non-HD may look poor and the pictured strechted.Using S-video or com[posite may yield a better picture fo standaer def TV,and allow all screen sizes. IF you are using HDMI you may select auto screen sizing.

Post Number: 3
I am using HDMI and the cable company is Cox Cable. The manufacturer of the converter box is Scientific Atlantic. I have changed some of the settings in the cable box and the display is better. I had a technician over and was told the television is the best there is out there. The problem, according to the technician, is this television displays so clear you can see any flows in the signal. Again the HD display is awesome and now the digital signal is very good (if you get back a little further), but the analog is just analog..... bad.... Thanks anyway. One other thing how long is this display to last. I have been told plasma displays do not last more that a few years. At this price I am hoping for at least 10. Your thoughts....

Bronze Member
Username: Jay_l

Quad Cities, Il

Post Number: 13
You have done everything I would have tried. One more tip might be to split the cablee and put one directly to the tv for analog channals and one to the cable box for digital and HD. Cable boxes are a big cause of artifacting.

Plasma life is much better than ever. They claim 50,000 to 60,000 even conservative numbers of 30-40 will still put you at 10 years with 8 hour viewing per day!

Post Number: 4
I am using HDMI and a direct cable connection from the cable box. With this type of connection the HDMI is the best. I will try a direct connection with the cable. I am also using componet cables for DVD. Everything I have read says the same thing, 30,000 to 60,000 hours or at least 10 years. Lets hope you and they are right.... Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us