NEED SOME ADVICE PLS

Username: Jmchut

Post Number: 8
Hi i was wondering whats the best reciever to match with some paradigm monitor 7's. i was looking in to a denon 3806 or maybe a Pioneer Elite VSX 59TXi or maybe even a good priced marantz just not to sure whats is the best sounding for the speakers i watch alot of movies and looking for atleast 5.1 if not 7.1 thanks or if i could get away with something even cheaper that would be nice also im open to any suggestions thanks

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5120
You have some great choices in your list. But sa far as which is the best sounding is entirely up to your ears. You won't go wrong with any of the receivers you have named.

Lighthouse
Unregistered guest
Depends on your budget and priorities. Most people here will automatically tell you to shy away from the Pioneer without knowing what YOUR priorities are and give their own opinion and make assumptions which might confuse the hell out of you even further.

Marantz and Denon are quality units even though Pioneer packs alot into their unit usually at a lower price so you get more bang for your buck. Whether you need everything that Pioneer normally packs into it is for you to determine.

I don't know enough about each unit to comment but it really depends on YOUR needs, you may or may not even hear the difference between the three so maybe audition the three and go with your gut feeling and what your priorities are. You have some pretty good speakers and you don't want to go cheap.

One thing to really consider are inputs and ouputs. Make sure they have enough Optical or Coax connections for your digital devices. Make sure it has Component Connections or even HDMI. S-Video and RCA are a thing of the past really only good for VCRs and older televisions.

Ask yourself whether you really need 2 zones, Auto Speaker Setup, 180w/ch or any other options that will just add to the price? It's up to you. If you are patient, ask around like you are doing now. Most people that are passionate about audio and Home Theatre will be happy to help. Not to sound like a know it all but know what you want before buying it instead of taking a guess and ending up with a device that doesn't fit your needs or doesn't allow for the future.

Hope that helped. If not, all the best.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us