Which speakers to buy

Unregistered guest
which speakers should i buy for watching movies more than music jamo e855 or e650 or dali new 1.7 suite will be running an pioneer amp vsx-ax2av-s and a pioneer dvd player dv-989avi-s

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5094
Have you heard any of these speakers?

Unregistered guest
yes i have the dali sound a little bit better in the bass.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5132
I think that your choice is clear. If you are leaning towards the Dali, I say go for it, you'll be happier.

shortcut
Unregistered guest
So is better bass a priority to you? If it is, go for it. What are the mids and highs like? Most people tend to prefer a well rounded speaker that doesn't have an empty spot in the mids or overbearing, highs.

Bronze Member
Username: Phi_do410

Ho Chi Minh, Saigon Vietnam

Post Number: 11
I have the same receiver (Pioneer VSX-AX2AV-G, the rated power is 250Wx7, 6 Ohm) and I'm looking for speakers which I can play music 50% and movies 50%. Anyone can help recommend me a complete system. I'm considering the energy C-3, C-C3 but not decided yet as the power rate of the C-3 is only 125W and am not sure if it is an issue.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11126
It is not an issue.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Berny, thanks for your prompt response. I also wanna buy a surround sys and subwoofer and center, what do you recomend then, to match with the C-3 bookselves speakers (if you thinks that my selection is ok). Appreciate your advice.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11128
Why not stick with the Energy line? for your subs, check out HSU, SVS or Velodyne.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Thanks for the recommendation. Somebody has told me that a Canadian speaker branded PSP is best matched with the vsx-ax2 Pioneer receiver... Do you know of this brand and if yes, how is it compared to the Energy ones? Thanks.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11152
I haven't heard of a brand called PSP. I've heard of PSB, good speakers but you have to listen to make a determination, because nobody knows what you will like.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us