What 7.1 processor to purchase??? +-2k

Username: Wall

Clermont

Post Number: 1
I am upgrading my current a/v receiver from a Onkyo tx-sr601 "80x5" to 8 Adcom GFA565 these are mono blocks with one pair bridged driving subs. The Onkyo came well reviewed but does not have the power supply needed to power my speakers "this was my first a/v receiver, live and learn", BTW I'm driving 2 pair of Infinity RS3B I have gone through many amps trying to fully power these speakers the Adcoms were the first to fully supply what these Infinity need. I'm going from 5.1 to 7.1 I have yet to purchase my sides so if you have thoughts.

Bronze Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 60
Check out outlawaudio.com for your prepro. and they have a great 12" sub.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5199
Budget first...recommendation next.

I am not sure what you are asking, though. Are you planning on replacing the receiver? You already have 8 monoblocks and so far only using 4 to power 2 pairs of Infinity's and another pair of monoblocks driving subs? This last one is very intriguing. You are using a 2 amps bridged to drive subs? How did you manage that? Or is it 1 amp bridged driving a pair of subs?

So you are just looking for another pair for the rear, correct? What are you using for centers? Why not keep it simple and get Infinity for the rest of your set-up.

If you are looking for a new pre/pro, check the recommendation above. I like the Outlaw Audio Model 990 and the Model 970.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 5201
ach...forget it. I just looked at the title of your thread. Sorry!

The Adcom GTP-860II should suit your needs as well. Might as well match your components:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us